Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bowland for lunch

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Bowland for lunch

Post by GAZA62 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Great looking Z love the colour combo and that colour really works with an Autumnal shot
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:07 pm

halifaxbantam wrote:Funnily enough were were discussing whether to have a blast to the Lake District before Christmas, & stay overnight.

The Parker's & Bowland might be another cunning plan :D
You won't be disappointed , open fires , great atmosphere + food is top drawer & the landlord is real character , mildly eccentric in a Basil Fawlty kind of way :D

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... jay-rayner
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

pdk42

Post by pdk42 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:25 pm

Looked like a lovely day and agreat road. Scenery very pretty - although the trees seem a bit sparse for a "forest"! Lovely car too. Unusual colour.
2005 E85 Roadster 3.0l Black.

Dewi

Post by Dewi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Oh, it does have trees in places, lots of them but in this case the word "forest" merely denotes a royal hunting ground - which was used by the house of Lancaster. It covers a vast area of land, a large bit of which spills over into the West Riding of Yorkshire. If ever you get the chance come up for a visit, it's beautiful and a lot less "touristy" than the Lakes and Yorks Dales - some cracking roads too with great pubs for lunch in lovely little villages.

Bit more of it here, the last couple of bits are Ribblehead and Whafedale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSZKBv8B6tE

I have no connection with the Lancashire Tourist Board :) I just love where I live :thumbsup:

maxman

Post by maxman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Thanks for sharing,look tremendous driving roads and the scenery looks wild and wonderful :thumbsup:

fergiez4

Post by fergiez4 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:44 pm

halifaxbantam wrote:Funnily enough were were discussing whether to have a blast to the Lake District before Christmas, & stay overnight.

Hi I have been a member for 6 months but would love to meet up for a drive / lunch etc. I live near blackpool so a trip to lakes or Bowland would be good. If you decide to go before Xmas let me know,

Cheers

Fergie

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:56 pm

fergiez4 wrote:

Hi I have been a member for 6 months but would love to meet up for a drive / lunch etc. I live near blackpool so a trip to lakes or Bowland would be good. If you decide to go before Xmas let me know,

Cheers

Fergie
Booked at The Parker's xmas eve afternoon with mrs w & friends for a year end treat , not in the Z though :(
Wouldn't mind sneaking out next Mon/Tue over the fells if weather permits :driving: the Z hasn't seen tarmac for almost a month :o
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

halifaxbantam

Post by halifaxbantam » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Evening Fergie, where have you been for six months :o

You joined in the spring I see... have you any pictures of your car? would be nice to share them with the forum guys :thumbsup:

My car is asleep in the garage, and I don't envisage her sticking a toe into the fresh air until the spring :)

However there are a good few of us that live on the Yorks /Lancs border looking forward to the improved weather in 2015 so we can get up to Bowland & other similar locations - look forward to seeing you soon...Oh & don't forget the pics :D
Previous - 2006 Z4MR Titanium Silver Imola Leather

hopz121
Lifer
Lifer

Post by hopz121 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Videos look great btw what did you use to mount the recording device? And what device did you use.

Thanks

Ash
2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe - Manual - Silver Grey
2017 BMW F31 318d M-Sport - Auto - Glacier Silver
2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7 - Manual - Arctic Silver
2003 Renault Clio 172 Cup - Blue
2003 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i - Gone
2008 BMW E90 330i SE - Gone

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 pm

fergiez4 wrote:

Cheers

Fergie
Dear Fergie

This is the pic police. You have, of your own admission, been a member for 6 months, yet this was was your first post. I have therefore reached the brilliant conclusion that you cannot have posted pics of your car!!!

Anytime this week will be fine! :D

(Sorry for the thread hijack, but this is important business.)
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Dewi

Post by Dewi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:08 pm

hopz121 wrote:Videos look great btw what did you use to mount the recording device? And what device did you use.

Thanks

Ash

Sorry Ash, I've only just noticed your question. The mount is a mini sucker one bought from Maplin for a bout £8 and the video camera is a tiny Mobius 1080p thing - cost about £60. I was going to buy a Go Pro - and may still do - but for the price of a decent one I can buy about buy about 6 Mobiuses (Mobii? :)

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Felt like the winter was behind today so had my 1st drive out in the Ribble valley , no roof down Z4 i'm afraid but enjoyed it all the same ,
Was open day at Stonehurst College so sneaked through the grounds before heading over to Slaidburn

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:44 pm

[quote= . No matter what you drive, it's what cars were made for

Watch it at 1080p full screen. Lancashire is lovely

:D[/quote]

+1 Enjoyed watching that - thanks for posting :thumbsup:

:driving: :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.