Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

rain sensor delete

Kei7h

rain sensor delete

Post by Kei7h » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:46 pm

im not sure if this has been discussed befere, ive read a lot of post's on replacing the rain sensor, but never came across this.
i have been having the usual sensor problem of bubbles behind the screen, so i removed it and was planning to replace it with new glue...
i never had chance to refit it before i had to use the car, and just hung the mirror back on. when it started raining i found the wipers to work in intermittent mode, with the thumb wheel adjusting the timing.....very handy.
although its nice having the auto wipers (i found them to work very well) its certainly a lot better than having either the one wipe, or them on constantly. ....not sure wether to just leave it this way, or cary on with the fix...
ps...i have obviously lost the auto lights too....

rjsimmons

Re: rain sensor delete

Post by rjsimmons » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:55 pm

So, you are saying that you replaced the mirror, without the rain/light sensor and the wipers (in intermittent mode) defaults to the intermittent mode (and not rain dependent)?

I would presume that the lights do not dim appropriately as well?