Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

HID headlights

gonads

HID headlights

Post by gonads » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:35 pm

OK I know this isn't really a new topic but I've been away for a while and with the long dark nights I feel prompted to ask the question. my car (2006 2.5 Sport) has original HID lights which, not to put too fine a point on it are useless. having this ridiculous flip up shield to differentiate between dip and main means that you only get partial output on dip and not exactly a good beam on main. compared to my previous Honda s2000 the are like a couple of geriatric glow worms. the light cluster gives the impression of providing the facility for four lights on main beam. Why doesn't it?? honestly for a performance car the lighting is very poor. the bulbs and lenses are clean, transparent and in good condition, I have raised the beams using the adjusters under the bonnet in order to improve range to an acceptable level but the result is still a bit poor. Is there any kit available to improve matters, possibly using the dummy/sidelight positions? They really are poor coming from a supposed quality manufacturer...

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Re: HID headlights

Post by ranski » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:15 pm

loads and loads of threads on this - just use the search function

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... ed#p834848

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention