Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Post 04 cruise control retrofit N52

revesby37

Re: Post 04 cruise control retrofit N52

Post by revesby37 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Spot on, thanks. Fixed - easy when you know how!
2.5si, 2007. Black, individual black/white interior. Sat Nav, bluetooth, iphone, heated seats, proper aerial - not a poxy stubby! GapTech, retrofit cruise.

dan425

Post by dan425 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:09 pm

revesby37 wrote:Spot on, thanks. Fixed - easy when you know how!
Glad it worked. Happy to help!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
E85 Z4, 3.0i, 2005.

welsh1

Post by welsh1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 am

draggin up an old thread but i dont suppose anyone has the photos from the orignal how to guide? seem to have been removed from forum maybe as such as old post. looking to do this on the weekend and cant find anything on youtube and the photos would be a massive help

thanks in advance

Guiseley

Post by Guiseley » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:30 pm

welsh1 wrote:draggin up an old thread but i dont suppose anyone has the photos from the orignal how to guide? seem to have been removed from forum maybe as such as old post. looking to do this on the weekend and cant find anything on youtube and the photos would be a massive help

thanks in advance
Photo's on page 1 of this thread seem to work OK for me (are they the ones you can't see?).
Blue Z4C now long gone, as is it's replacement, and the Red Zed's gone too.. now piloting a rather tasty Carmine flat6

welsh1

Post by welsh1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 pm

thats the ones, maybe its the work computer. will try at home

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Works for me too... Maybe your work filter blocked the host... My work filters photobucket/ flicker.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

welsh1

Post by welsh1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 pm

anyone fitted this on an Auto? have an 2007 3.0i auto, assuming it would work just like the manual and same connections etc ?!

Guiseley

Post by Guiseley » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Would assume auto is same, but fitted mine to a manual 3.0 si.
Blue Z4C now long gone, as is it's replacement, and the Red Zed's gone too.. now piloting a rather tasty Carmine flat6

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 am

Jan_Tekin and I did this on our cars at the weekend - thanks to all who contributed, between this guide and the BMW instructions it was all pretty straightforward if just a little fiddly at times :thumbsup:

Jan's is a manual, mine is an auto - no difference in installation. Oh, and make sure you ask Sopers to print and send the BMW instructions with the kit, or do a search on here as I think they are posted somewhere.

Couple of other things (may have been covered, may not...) :

1. It is much easier to get to the loom and cable ties behind the light control unit if you take the air vent out too. The loom is cable tied to the dash so doesn't have much slack - taking the air vent out helps get at the block on the back of the light unit to detach it.

2. To detach the block, use a wee screw driver to press down the catch, then get your fingers in and pull the white clip forward and down. Needs quite a bit of force, you'll know what I mean when you do it.

3. There's a lot of talk on here about what pin to use in the engine side connection. This may be because the BMW instructions are ambiguous. There are directions for the M54/N52 built up to 09/06, and others for N52 built after 09/06. Both route the blue cable to different pins. My car was built 02/06 and Jan's is an 07 - BOTH our cars used pin 39. Some of the electrical box internals on our cars are different, but the cruise control works in both. Perhaps a typo in the BMW instructions, as the M54 was not built in 2006 as far as I know...

4. Finally, the instructions say you need to use the 'repair kit' to extend the blue cruise control loom wire. We could not work out why as the connecters on the loom and the repair section were identical so we did not do this, plugged it straight in and works fine. You may well have to use the repair wire for the M54 engine, but I can't confirm this.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 am

Bing wrote:Jan_Tekin and I did this on our cars at the weekend - thanks to all who contributed, between this guide and the BMW instructions it was all pretty straightforward if just a little fiddly at times :thumbsup:

Jan's is a manual, mine is an auto - no difference in installation. Oh, and make sure you ask Sopers to print and send the BMW instructions with the kit, or do a search on here as I think they are posted somewhere.

Couple of other things (may have been covered, may not...) :

1. It is much easier to get to the loom and cable ties behind the light control unit if you take the air vent out too. The loom is cable tied to the dash so doesn't have much slack - taking the air vent out helps get at the block on the back of the light unit to detach it.

2. To detach the block, use a wee screw driver to press down the catch, then get your fingers in and pull the white clip forward and down. Needs quite a bit of force, you'll know what I mean when you do it.

3. There's a lot of talk on here about what pin to use in the engine side connection. This may be because the BMW instructions are ambiguous. There are directions for the M54/N52 built up to 09/06, and others for N52 built after 09/06. Both route the blue cable to different pins. My car was built 02/06 and Jan's is an 07 - BOTH our cars used pin 39. Some of the electrical box internals on our cars are different, but the cruise control works in both. Perhaps a typo in the BMW instructions, as the M54 was not built in 2006 as far as I know...

4. Finally, the instructions say you need to use the 'repair kit' to extend the blue cruise control loom wire. We could not work out why as the connecters on the loom and the repair section were identical so we did not do this, plugged it straight in and works fine. You may well have to use the repair wire for the M54 engine, but I can't confirm this.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Damn i should have joined you guys :headbang:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Sorry aquazi... If I'd known you'd have gotten an invite :(
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Ordered a cruise control stalk + harness from Sopers. Excellent service from them as usual, but the kit appears to have 4 x socket contacts and no plugs:

I'm buggered, right? :?
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Z4 TEX

Post by Z4 TEX » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:15 pm

What you think you are missing?

Image Silver 3.0 Si Sport Roadster

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:18 pm

2 x D. I've got 4 x E.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:22 pm

how much is the kit these days?