Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Check your screenwash pump filter!

Liam-O

Re: Check your screenwash pump filter!

Post by Liam-O » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Bing wrote:I just did this - no gunk on the small filter... How the hell did you get the headlight washer one out though ? I couldn't get my hand in there.

Oh, and someone could have said that when you do this the contents of the washer bottle will flood your garage floor :x
I didn't think anyone would be silly enough to do this :-p
Liam - O

2005 Z4 2.2SE Grey - Sold

:rtfm: HOW TO: Fitting a Z4M Bumper

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Liam-O wrote:
Bing wrote:I just did this - no gunk on the small filter... How the hell did you get the headlight washer one out though ? I couldn't get my hand in there.

Oh, and someone could have said that when you do this the contents of the washer bottle will flood your garage floor :x
I didn't think anyone would be silly enough to do this :-p
:)
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Bing wrote: Oh, and someone could have said that when you do this the contents of the washer bottle will flood your garage floor :x
I missed this. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall :lol:
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bluestreak56 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Had to have mine replaced when I bought my car as the washers were so poor. BMW did it and charged BMW :thumbsup:

martusia

Post by martusia » Sat May 23, 2020 1:49 am

I did not know that there is a filter!!! I will check it tomorrow , thanks for that information. :D
BMW Z4 2005 2.0 convertible

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sat May 23, 2020 12:07 pm

My indy did this once and put "cleaned screenwash filter" on the invoice at £0, which I read as code for LOOK AFTER YOUR CAR BETTER.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Thrustyjust

Post by Thrustyjust » Sun May 24, 2020 12:44 pm

I used a small hand pump ( ketchup style pump of ebay for a couple of quid) and emptied the 'clean' washer fluid into a bucket, then removed the whole tank. Cleaned the filters by removing the pumps from the tank and then flushed the tank out. Refitted the tank and pumps and refilled the clean washer fluid back in the tank. I use just ordinary Halfords fluids , but I use the softened water from the house, which should stop or help to prevent sludging up a little.
E86 In sapphire black