Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bucket Seat Fitted - Airbag light on??

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
pHilli0

Post by pHilli0 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Finally fitted my Corbeau Revolution at the weekend. The long term goal is to get the harness fitted but I had an interim plan of get the seat fitted and use the seatbelt from my M Sports Seat.
The removal went OK mostly. I did have some fun getting the pretensioner out from the M seat, but eventually succeeded. There are two wires coming from it, one with a black connector block and a pair of thin wires with long prongs on the end.

So the fitting -
Disconnected the battery
Removed the M seat
Fitted the VAC floor mounts in fine, then the side mounts to the floor mounts.
I attached the pretensioner to the left hand side mount and presented the seat belt receptacle.
Now I connected the black connector box and the two prongs back into their original yellow housing and pushed them all the way through - these are the male connectors, then connected the cable from the car into the connector box and it clipped shut.
Fitted the seatbelt and seat.
Battery reconnected.
Started the car.
SRS airbag light on.

I read the codes using my bluetooth dongle and torque on my phone but it said no codes showing.
I tried a clear codes command, it said completed. But when I power the car the light goes off for half a second them comes back on.

Few questions:
I assume the connection is not being made?
is there anything more to this than getting those two connections?
Will the steering wheel airbag go off in a crash in this current state? i.e. is it safe to drive?
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe || Schrick CSL Cams | Eventuri | Brembo 6/4 & Pagid RS-29s | KW V3s | H&R ABRs | Stromung | ARC-8s | Corbeau Revolution | OEM Strut | ZHP | Stubby | CDV | RTAB | Evolve Map ||
http://www.phillynchracing.com/index.php/blog/

aarsavage

Post by aarsavage » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Could the seat occupancy sensor not being present throw a code? (just a guess)

pHilli0

Post by pHilli0 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:37 pm

pHilli0 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:29 pm Finally fitted my Corbeau Revolution at the weekend. The long term goal is to get the harness fitted but I had an interim plan of get the seat fitted and use the seatbelt from my M Sports Seat.
The removal went OK mostly. I did have some fun getting the pretensioner out from the M seat, but eventually succeeded. There are two wires coming from it, one with a black connector block and a pair of thin wires with long prongs on the end.

So the fitting -
Disconnected the battery
Removed the M seat
Fitted the VAC floor mounts in fine, then the side mounts to the floor mounts.
I attached the pretensioner to the left hand side mount and presented the seat belt receptacle.
Now I connected the black connector box and the two prongs back into their original yellow housing and pushed them all the way through - these are the male connectors, then connected the cable from the car into the connector box and it clipped shut.
Fitted the seatbelt and seat.
Battery reconnected.
Started the car.
SRS airbag light on.

I read the codes using my bluetooth dongle and torque on my phone but it said no codes showing.
I tried a clear codes command, it said completed. But when I power the car the light goes off for half a second them comes back on.

Few questions:
I assume the connection is not being made?
is there anything more to this than getting those two connections?
Will the steering wheel airbag go off in a crash in this current state? i.e. is it safe to drive?
I only replaced the driver seat and there is no occupancy sensor for that side as it assumes the driver is present.
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe || Schrick CSL Cams | Eventuri | Brembo 6/4 & Pagid RS-29s | KW V3s | H&R ABRs | Stromung | ARC-8s | Corbeau Revolution | OEM Strut | ZHP | Stubby | CDV | RTAB | Evolve Map ||

maxman

Post by maxman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=77724&start=30
Page 3 might give you some ideas.

pHilli0

Post by pHilli0 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks for that but even that post is fairly inconclusive. If noone knows Ill just do some more investigating tomorrow night and check the wiring connectors again.

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:11 am

Hmm.. are you sure the seatbelt pre-tensioners are connected up right?

If your codes don't pop one up for pre-tensioners then i guess they are connected correctly.
Have you got the means to reset the airbag light? could be that just something wasn't right, id reset it and see if it comes back.

Yes, steering wheel airbag will fire during crash
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3