Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

No communication

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Sflanigan2

No communication

Post by Sflanigan2 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:36 am

Hello my fist post. I have 2005 z4 2.5 manual. The problem is I have no radio volume the blinkers work on the outside of the car not on the inside the AC doesn't blow and a few other weird electrical things. Took it to the dealer and they said there's no communication when they hooked it up so I was just wondering if anybody else had the similar problem. Recently put in a new battery thank you so much. Shannon

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

No communication

Post by enzed4 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:01 am

Sounds like car has gone into 'limp' mode or transport mode. Dealer should be able to diagnose this, but strange they can't communicate with it. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for at least 15 mins then try reconnecting it and see if any difference to being able to communicate with it? I don't believe it will fix transport mode - that needs to be done via the comms port so if it's still not communicating they should be troubleshooting that.
Could be faulty module (ouch...$$), hope not :?
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

No communication

Post by markplant » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:14 am

I'd get the battery and alternator checked, or if you have a multi meter have a go your self, there is some info on here about what readings you should be getting
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

AndyD33

No communication

Post by AndyD33 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Yes sound like transport mode, my battery died and it went into transport mode took it to a local garage and they couldn't sort it so I ordered a obd2 cable from eBay and downloaded BMW DIS V57 software on to a laptop after about 2 hours of messing about sorted it myself..