Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cabin Water Ingress

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Peterboroughdave

Cabin Water Ingress

Post by Peterboroughdave » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi Neville,

Hope you have fixed the leek, we never experienced a problem with water ingress other then a tiny trickle if I attacked the side windows with the pressure washer. We never took off any door panels but this may have been done by the garage when we have parking dings pushed out.
I never took off the front screen scuttle panel so expect you will find so build up of leaves etc. I did clean out the rear wheel arch drainage bungs and never found any build-up of water hence why the roof motor was in great condition when Mike (DLV) moved it to the boot
Clad to see you working through the list of improvements.
How do you find the handling?

Dave

Peterboroughdave

Cabin Water Ingress

Post by Peterboroughdave » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:06 pm

I mean the leak not the leek?
Dave

Boris

Cabin Water Ingress

Post by Boris » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi Dave,

It think he leak is because if Sue has used the car from work on a "dry" day and it has then decided to bucket down its stood outside in it all day, where as I believe you only used it on dry days and then it was garaged most of the time, as this will be once I make space for it.

There again, if I hadn't been on my hands and knees in the passenger foot well doing the pollen filter I would never have noticed the leak because its in the passenger side.

I notice the roof motor is as good as new so clearly never been in water but I've yet to find time to check the front drain areas, I think I may have fixed it anyway with the work I've done on the doors.

Time will tell :D