Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heated / Electric seats Help!!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
nick_l

Post by nick_l » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:12 pm

I've just fitted heated & electric seats into my facelift e85. They are replacing my non heated, manual seats.

The seat heating side of things seems to be working ok, but the electric movement is not working. Is it a separate circuit for the electric adjustment?

maxman

Post by maxman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:39 pm

At a guess I would the fuse box to see if a fuse or a relay is missing.

nick_l

Post by nick_l » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:50 pm

From lots of searching it would seem the heating and movement side of the seats is completely separate. I think I have figured it out, just need to figure out what the pins are called / par numbers so I can get the connectors ordered and wire it up myself.

Major pain in the backside though, as I can't use my car until I sort it as the seats are in their most forward, and highest position. :headbang:

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:51 pm

Can't you put your old seats back in till you get it sorted?

nick_l

Post by nick_l » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Ran out of light today, but i think I'll have to do that until i get it sorted. Its just mega frustrating as I'm the kind of person that wants it all done right now! haha. I'm so close, yet so far! I think I understand what I need to do, and in comparison to the heated seats wiring its a lot easier.

I'm going to pop to my local BMW Sytner tomorrow and see if they can get me the bits I need.

nick_l

Post by nick_l » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Well I'm totally flummoxed. :headbang:

I've now managed to get the electric seats working all fine....it was easier than I thought to get them going. So at least not I can astrally use my car.

I'm struggling to get the heating working as it should. I checked and double checked all my wiring against the retrofit instructions and it appears to be right. However it very obviously isn't as for some strange reason the passenger side button controls the drivers heating and the drivers side button when pressed lights up for a split second then goes off........

I'm going to take it all out and re fit it all. :headbang:

I'm starting to wish I never started or took it to someone who knows what they're doing to fit it all!

Stay tuned as there may be some sports seats appearing on the for sale section very soon! :headbang: :headbang:

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:47 pm

IIRC the wiring diagrams are for a left hand drive aren't they.
Its very easy to get the switch console connectors mixed up - My Indy retro-fitted my heated switches the wrong way round, I had to take it back for him to swap them over.
pic1.JPG
pic1.JPG (34.8 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
pic2.JPG
pic2.JPG (93.4 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Last edited by Marlon on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:48 pm

nick_l wrote:Well I'm totally flummoxed. :headbang:

I've now managed to get the electric seats working all fine....it was easier than I thought to get them going. So at least not I can astrally use my car.

I'm struggling to get the heating working as it should. I checked and double checked all my wiring against the retrofit instructions and it appears to be right. However it very obviously isn't as for some strange reason the passenger side button controls the drivers heating and the drivers side button when pressed lights up for a split second then goes off........

I'm going to take it all out and re fit it all. :headbang:

I'm starting to wish I never started or took it to someone who knows what they're doing to fit it all!

Stay tuned as there may be some sports seats appearing on the for sale section very soon! :headbang: :headbang:
That sounds as though it's something to do with pick paths & stick paths-the drivers side is picking but not sticking so it sounds like a latching problem of sorts :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

nick_l

Post by nick_l » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Marlon wrote:IIRC the wiring diagrams are for a left hand drive aren't they.
Its very easy to get the switch console connectors mixed up - My Indy retro-fitted my heated switches the wrong way round, I had to take it back for him to swap them over.

pic1.JPG
pic2.JPG

That makes a lot of sense now. I also pulled out the passenger seat and noticed a plug had come loose, so thats probably why it wasn't heating.

New problem though, I'm my quest to swap over the wires in the brown plug I managed to snap the plug in my ham fistedness. Swift call to BMW for a replacement part, I'm optimistic that I'll get it sorted. :thumbsup:

Cheers for all the help guys :thumbsup:

DOOM

Post by DOOM » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:00 am

So, I am officially in need of help;
I bought RHD M Sport heated seats for my LHD Z4C.
Also bought new E86 console with the right switches for heated seats.
And of course, they're not working. Even though the fuses are there (!!??!!), they light up for less than a sec when pressed and that's it.
I read (probably) all the threads here (big thx to @Fishy Dave, @Marlon and everyone else contributing) and ended up searching the internet for 61110301538 Z4 part or the X3 equivalent, 61110307620. Sent various mail to Lithuanian/American.German dealers but nothing thereas well.
I am pretty confident that I'll find something eventually as there were a lot of E83 X3s sold where I live.
Meanwhile, I decided not to wait any more (long write up containing dyeing of the seats, interior strip and 3M matt carbon fibre vilyl wrap of the -hideous in my eyes- brushed aluminium parts pending) and put them in the car.
So everyone, plz help;

1. What is thic cable for? Does not connect anywhere.
InkedIMG_20191113_215509_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_20191113_215509_LI.jpg (174.57 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
2. Both my seats have a cable which I don't know where to connect it either
IMG_20191113_213535.jpg
IMG_20191113_213535.jpg (263.36 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
What is really really odd is that cables' part number is 52107919255 and having tried realoem and all forums that sh!tty llitle thing is simply untraceable.
Attachments
IMG_20191113_213556.jpg
IMG_20191113_213556.jpg (270.96 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
'07 Z4C, Stratus Grey | square 108s | Quaife LSD | Lotus seats | Bilstein B4s | ZHP Knob| Cruise Control | Meyle Suspension arms | Pioneer head unit
Miata NBfl 1.8, Torsen T2, JVC Head Unit, Lotus Seat
Vauxhall Corsa C 1.4, bone stock :D

DOOM

Post by DOOM » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:26 am

Anyone???
'07 Z4C, Stratus Grey | square 108s | Quaife LSD | Lotus seats | Bilstein B4s | ZHP Knob| Cruise Control | Meyle Suspension arms | Pioneer head unit
Miata NBfl 1.8, Torsen T2, JVC Head Unit, Lotus Seat
Vauxhall Corsa C 1.4, bone stock :D

saseinlinie

Post by saseinlinie » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:50 pm

DOOM wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:00 am 2. Both my seats have a cable which I don't know where to connect it either
That is the main connector for the seat heating :)
The correct bmw part number for the seat heating pads is 52107895856

Just came across this because I am trying again to sort an issue with my driver side heated seat..