Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Centre Cubby Flap

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Centre Cubby Flap

Post by Scooba_Steve » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Mine is a bit worn on one side and the switch pin had broken so got a second hand one on ebay. Fitted it and the action is not smooth except when pushed to the side at a bit of an angle, clicks like it's on a ratchet. Absolutely no issue with my old one when refitted and tried again.

Anyone had this issue? I can't see any way to open up the flap and check the mechanism.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Centre Cubby Flap

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Bump
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Centre Cubby Flap

Post by Scooba_Steve » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Really, just me? I can see the little clip can come off and pressure to one side makes it smooth, but can't believe it's my car being wonky.

Any1else

Centre Cubby Flap

Post by Any1else » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:36 pm

You talking about the button at the top of the rear centre cubby? Think its the roof release.

Mine was loose and rattling about so I changed the hole upper console part. The little springs that hold the buttons in place had broken off. Its fine now.

Not sure if this is what you mean though.
2003 Launch car : 3.0 litre E85 in Sterling grey

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Centre Cubby Flap

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 pm

No, the flap that drops down. My original is fine except the finish coming off - the two replacements I've had seem to have play in the hinge mechanism and then don't drop smoothly.

Any1else

Centre Cubby Flap

Post by Any1else » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:43 pm

I was fitting an intravee at the weekend and had mine off completely (or as completely as the cable will allow) and refitted it. Didnt see anything that would cause what you are experiencing. I assume you got the little plastic cover at the light switch back in place properly and it isnt snagging? Could the hinge pin on the new one be bent? Any way of swapping it with yours?

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Centre Cubby Flap

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:55 am

The switch pin isn't catching. There seems to be play in the hinge but I cant see how that could be fixed. And seems odd that both of these could be faulty.

Any1else

Centre Cubby Flap

Post by Any1else » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:26 pm

When the two ends of the hinge slide into the receivers (where the small screws go) do they have to be "in sync"? Could one have rotated and it is being slotted in one or two turns too loose? Grabbing at straws a bit.