Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Headlamp Washer Jet Cover

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:44 am

My left hand side headlamp washer cover has left us. It was rather sudden, it never said goodbye and I only noticed today.

I can get a replacement on eBay for £20 (when I saw that I didn't think "wow, that's cheap!"). But they come in primer so, obviously, need painting.

So, a bit of a long shot, has anyone got one in Black Sapphire they want to sell? I'd happily pay £25 for one I can just clip in and get on with the rest of my life. I assume that they do just clip in?

All guidance/help etc gratefully received.

Thanks
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

PhilinZ4

Post by PhilinZ4 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:05 pm

It must be LH thing...mine went missing today...Silver grey anyone?
2007 Silver Grey 3.0si

Chris1981

Post by Chris1981 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Yeah they just clip in, the cap itself will have one open and one closed side but be careful as you don't want to force it and break the washer jet itself... pulling the washer nozzle up is probably the trickiest part. I looped string around it and pulled it far enough up to get my fingers on it!

I just bought the part for £20 and then some genuine BMW paint/lacquer from Amazon, trying to find one in the right colour might be tricky!
E86 Coupe 3.0si Sport - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey with Piano Black dash
BC BR series Coilovers, powerflex bushes, 15mm spacers, Custom SS exhaust, CDV delete

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:38 pm

I parted with my £20 for the cover and probably the same amount again for rattle cans of primer, paint and lacquer.

I think I posted elsewhere, but for anyone who hasn't sprayed paint before make sure you keep the cans indoors. If it's at garage temperature at this time of year it looks fine when you spray the paint, but then goes dull when it dries.

I, of course, learnt that the hard way! :oops:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)