Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

interior leak, passenger door area.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
BeemerMad

Re: interior leak, passenger door area.

Post by BeemerMad » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Shi guys, suffering with this problem too!! Is there a how to to remove door card, then fit door card with butly tape?

Kind regards

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:56 pm

BeemerMad wrote:Shi guys, suffering with this problem too!! Is there a how to to remove door card, then fit door card with butly tape?

Kind regards

Search is your friend:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11567

If you still need more plenty of videos on youtube
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

BeemerMad

Post by BeemerMad » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:39 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:
BeemerMad wrote:Shi guys, suffering with this problem too!! Is there a how to to remove door card, then fit door card with butly tape?

Kind regards

Search is your friend:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11567

If you still need more plenty of videos on youtube
Many thanks Cj10jeeper. :thumbsup:

biojo

Post by biojo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:01 pm

i used this for the how to remove it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djgcv-VpCW8

only bit diff on mine was the screws where allen key bolts

for me it was the left bolt behind the weather gaurd http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w296 ... bzxkii.jpg

about 2" gap, so just used a bit of silicon.

you can use butyl tape too, or they do a liquid type

sasker

Post by sasker » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:57 pm

Good luck with getting it sorted water leaks are horrible things to sort out.

When I sold my Z a few months ago it was like a swimming pool under the passenger seat. I ripped all foam out and polystyrene and got it all dry and patched it up with bits of the foam. I changed the door membrane amongst other things but a few days later it was soaking wet right at the front of the passenger footwell. The smell like you say is awful too.

I pity the person who buys my old one as it drove me mad trying to get it sorted. Mine sold recently after i p/x it, so if anyone has a 3.0i in Maldives blue bought from the Blackpool area I wish you good luck with my old water leak :rofl:

Hope you get to the bottom of your leak :thumbsup:
///M 2004 E46 M3 Coupe in Mystic Blue

It's all about the ///M Power

ChrisZ4

Post by ChrisZ4 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Well despite being told that BMW had fixed it mine is still leaking like a leaky thing from the door membrane area. Fuming

sasker

Post by sasker » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:47 pm

ChrisZ4 wrote:Well despite being told that BMW had fixed it mine is still leaking like a leaky thing from the door membrane area. Fuming
I feel your pain leaks are a nightmare.
///M 2004 E46 M3 Coupe in Mystic Blue

It's all about the ///M Power

ChrisZ4

Post by ChrisZ4 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Thanks. Its definitely coming from the door membrane as its leaking over the sill area. I presume that's the only cause of a leak in that area?

biojo

Post by biojo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 pm

just take panel off yerself takes no time at all.

then get someone to poor water onto window n see where it comes. took me 30 mins in total, rained today n nones come in just need a heavy downpour to be certain

ChrisZ4

Post by ChrisZ4 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:11 pm

I've already done that and it was coming through the bottom of the membrane and where the door wires were. Took it to the supplying garage who sent it to BMW who said they fixed the seal. Clearly they haven't so I'll have to go back again. Don't want them to say I've done something to mess it up

sw4nny

Post by sw4nny » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:28 am

ChrisZ4 wrote:I've already done that and it was coming through the bottom of the membrane and where the door wires were. Took it to the supplying garage who sent it to BMW who said they fixed the seal. Clearly they haven't so I'll have to go back again. Don't want them to say I've done something to mess it up
I can see why you would want to let them sort the problem,however a quick google how and a tube of silicon,and you will be able to solve this for sure.
Will take you 20 to 30 mins max,you will know its been done right,also the self satisfaction of a diy ,you will also more than likely be able to see where the water is leaking
through the membrane by the stains on the metal part of door at the bottom.
Just my experience with this same problem,
Hope you get it solved either way soon :thumbsup:
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

sw4nny

Post by sw4nny » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:28 am

ChrisZ4 wrote:I've already done that and it was coming through the bottom of the membrane and where the door wires were. Took it to the supplying garage who sent it to BMW who said they fixed the seal. Clearly they haven't so I'll have to go back again. Don't want them to say I've done something to mess it up
I can see why you would want to let them sort the problem,however a quick google how and a tube of silicon,and you will be able to solve this for sure.
Will take you 20 to 30 mins max,you will know its been done right,also the self satisfaction of a diy ,you will also more than likely be able to see where the water is leaking
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:41 pm

Yeah it's a pretty simple job really. I followed a guide on YouTube of someone using a red z4, which made it very easy to do.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

ChrisZ4

Post by ChrisZ4 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:45 pm

sw4nny wrote:
All good points there mate, and ordinarily I'd do this sort of thing myself,but the car is 2 weeks old so the dealer can bloody well fix it! If they can't manage again I'll do it myself. I've already used some of the excellent guides on here to take the door card off and remove the seat so not averse to doing bits myself, its just the principle of it! Perhaps I should be less principled haha!

biojo

Post by biojo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:02 pm

ha id had my car a week and noticed a head light had failed, which they changed the alignment motor in.

when checking they`d only used 1 screw n dropped other in headlight.

If its a reputable place or you know them fair enough let em try