Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brake warning lights??

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Seand411

Re: Brake warning lights??

Post by Seand411 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi

Due to my car having FSH with the dealer I requested Sytner to ask BMW for a good will gesture towards to cost of repair... Luckily for me they agreed and contributed. Speaking with the repair technician the fact I have FSH with a dealer would have made a major part in their decision.

Any more queries let me know?
Cheers
Sean
BMW Z4 2.0 M Sport 57Plate 108 Alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport RFT. ZHP Gear Stick.

Roadster... Dependant on British weather of course!

Apeshape1971

Post by Apeshape1971 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping the abs/handbrake/traction lights on the dashboard and error codes are red herrings since in addition to the 3 lights I'm now getting intermittent yellow bulb and windscreen washer alerts....also finding roof struggles to close. Some forum members have suggested it could be the battery but I've just had the car through its MOT and full service at an independent garage and they confirmed the battery was OK. The garage suggested I take it to a dealer because one of the error codes points to hydraulic pumps which were beyond their abilities. I just think it's too much of a coincidence that I'm also getting the light bulb and windscreen alerts. Time to take it to a dealer I think, unfortunately I don't have FSH with them.

Gilbey1979

Post by Gilbey1979 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 pm

The ABS, Hand Brake and Traction control warnings lit up today on the motorway. After parking up, left the car for a while and then went back out, tried the full lock each way and the lights went off. Think it may be a faulty ABS sensor, will see if it comes back on again....

mr_z4mc_oz

Brake warning lights??

Post by mr_z4mc_oz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:02 am

Sorry to bring this post to life but I think I'm starting to have a similar issue. It's happen twice over the past few weeks. I replaced the batter thinking that was causing it but it just happened again. Same 2 or 3 lights come up, it so hard to see as it happens at the blink of a eye and the radio cuts out for a split seconds, that's what draws attention to you. I don't think it causes power loss, but again so hard to tell because it happens so quickly. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to go on a while goose chase. Thanks in advance.