Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Solved - Strange parking sensor problem

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
bladeowner

Strange parking sensor problem

Post by bladeowner » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:31 pm

:thumbsup:
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

bladeowner

Strange parking sensor problem

Post by bladeowner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:49 pm

OK, after over 5 years I've actually cured this problem instead of a sticking plaster remedy. It turned out to be an internal fault in the GM5 module. I discovered a similar problem reported on M3Cutters from 2011 and so I'd been looking for a second hand GM5 module at a reasonable price for a couple of months as they are more expensive than similar but not usable E46 modules.

As soon as I connected the 'new' module I checked to see that the PDC was working properly again - which it was. Then you have to use SSS/Progman to initialise/program it to the car, then I re synced the keys to the car as the keys won't open the doors remotely with the different module, then I recoded the module with my preferences with Carly.

My main problem was with SSS/Progman as there is a bug in my version that doesn't read the battery voltage with a non standard diag head. The software requires the battery level to be above 13V before it will program. Luckily I had another version which seems to be hacked to fool the software.

Result :D Eventually.
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG