Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Indicator stuck on always on

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Dofus

Re: Indicator stuck on always on

Post by Dofus » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:01 pm

It was the angeleye :) case closed

RyanB88

Post by RyanB88 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:18 pm

I have this exact problem and my left front ndicator won't turn off, even though the key is out of the ignition

Anyone managed to sort this?
Z4 now sold :(

Current - M235i :thumbsup:

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:39 pm

RyanB88 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:18 pm I have this exact problem and my left front ndicator won't turn off, even though the key is out of the ignition

Anyone managed to sort this?
Usual suspects are a bulb out, or the indicator stalk is down (meaning you have it on "parking" mode)
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

RyanB88

Post by RyanB88 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:04 pm

OK so it fixed itself for over a week

Been using it today then just before I parked up, I get the bulb error on the dash, sure enough the front left side light won't work and the indicator bulb is stuck on again!

Typical! So now I'm left with no ignition on but the indicator bulb permanently on. I'm wondering if it will flatten the battery overnight? As I need to use it for work tomorrow morning :(
Z4 now sold :(

Current - M235i :thumbsup:

BlastDK

Post by BlastDK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:22 pm

I am having the same issue, left indicator lights constantly also when the car is turned off. I tjecked and all bulps and Replaced one for the angel eye. But still the same issue. I also have serval lights in the dash. The one that indicates a faulty bulp, plus the tractioncontroll one. I also noticed the throttle is acting differently since this issue occured. When i take my foot off the gas, I notice there is a split second delay in the car reacting.

I will try to double check everything and make sure all bulps are correctly installed. But its very strange. Hipe someone can help.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:44 pm

First things first..Is your battery ok?
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Jfgoldfish

Post by Jfgoldfish » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:49 pm

I didn't know E85s had angel eyes.
Which generation/model had them fitted?
2006 Z4 2.0i Ruby Black

BlastDK

Post by BlastDK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:37 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:44 pm First things first..Is your battery ok?
Actually, when this issue drained my battery and I recharged it. It took days for the triggle charger to get the battery to show charged. Could be that the battery is not working well?

BlastDK

Post by BlastDK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:38 pm

Jfgoldfish wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:49 pm I didn't know E85s had angel eyes.
Which generation/model had them fitted?
Im not sure, could be I am using a wrong term here. My car is a 3.0si

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:00 pm

BlastDK wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:37 pm
mr.tourette wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:44 pm First things first..Is your battery ok?
Actually, when this issue drained my battery and I recharged it. It took days for the triggle charger to get the battery to show charged. Could be that the battery is not working well?
Its possible these cars are extremely sensitive to weak batteries and can throw up a myriad of faults if they're past their best.. do you have date stamp on the terminals and have you checked it on a multimeter after a charge. Not saying this is your issue but its always the first place to start if you have more than one electrical gremlin
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

BlastDK

Post by BlastDK » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:09 pm

I dont have a multimeter, I will check for date stamps. Its an original bmw battery so it could be quite old i guess

Roberltd2

Post by Roberltd2 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:20 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:00 pm
BlastDK wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:37 pm
Its possible these cars are extremely sensitive to weak batteries and can throw up a myriad of faults if they're past their best.. do you have date stamp on the terminals and have you checked it on a multimeter after a charge. Not saying this is your issue but its always the first place to start if you have more than one electrical gremlin
As Mr T said, I would suspect the battery. My 2007 car was still on its original battery when the car seemed to become posessed last June - headlights coming on in the middle of the night was the most spooky. I changed it for a new one from Halfords (Yuasa YBX5110, £132 inc. fitting) and it solved all the electrical gremlins. Sometimes the battery will have a small, round window in it which, depending on the colour showing, will tell you if your battery needs changing.
2007 E85 2.5 si Sport in Montego Blue.
1994 Eunos J2Ltd - sold and now undergoing restoration.
1963 Triumph Thunderbird.

truenogtv

Post by truenogtv » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:21 pm

I have the same issue with the front left indicator staying on constant and indicators flashing fast. Replaced the front side light bulbs as they were blackened. Swapped the bulbs from left to right but didn’t solve the problem.
In order to avoid a drained battery switch on/off the ignition with lights off causing the indicator to switch off.