Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

No heat from blower

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
ddriagg

No heat from blower

Post by ddriagg » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:37 am

Hi
Can anybody help plz...got no heat from blower only cold..but temp on gauge is normal..would sensor cause this or thermostat.. or heat exchanger...cheers

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

No heat from blower

Post by Ducklakeview » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:56 am

ddriagg wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:37 am Hi
Can anybody help plz...got no heat from blower only cold..but temp on gauge is normal..would sensor cause this or thermostat.. or heat exchanger...cheers
More than likely an airlock - Any work done recently? These cars can be a pain to fill, especially the facelift with elec water pump.

BMW recommend a vacuum filling kit for them, which really does do the job properly, having used one yesterday.

Feel the heater hoses that run to the bulkhead. What I used to do before having the kit was to squeeze them with the engine running at normal temp and rad cap off. IF the hoses are both red hot, it could be a "flap" problem, as they occasionally stick.

Mike

ddriagg

No heat from blower

Post by ddriagg » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi Mike
Well gave pipes near bulk head a massage..while rad cap off..until she hot too normal temp...anf I hav now got hot air blowing..many thanks for your help ....very warm ..andy :fuelfire: :rofl:

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

No heat from blower

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:41 pm

No probs.

Mike

Chii

No heat from blower

Post by Chii » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:15 am

Ducklakeview wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:56 am
ddriagg wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:37 am Hi
More than likely an airlock - Any work done recently? These cars can be a pain to fill, especially the facelift with elec water pump.

BMW recommend a vacuum filling kit for them, which really does do the job properly, having used one yesterday.

Feel the heater hoses that run to the bulkhead. What I used to do before having the kit was to squeeze them with the engine running at normal temp and rad cap off. IF the hoses are both red hot, it could be a "flap" problem, as they occasionally stick.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Just wanted to say massive thanks for this.
The squeezing of the pipes sorted both a fairly intermittent overheating issue I was having. Which eventually caused the heater to blow cold.

Both are now fixed and I'm super happy!

I was regularly topping up my water tank as the light kept coming on. I did think I had a small leak somewhere, gave it to a garage and they couldn't find a leak.
So i presume after all of this, it was an air lock that when running expanded and pushed water out of my water system, causing it to be low again next drive!

Massive thanks again!
Ryan

tedszed

No heat from blower

Post by tedszed » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:34 pm

The issue I have is that I am getting heat on the driver's side but not on passenger side, floorwell and screen! How do you correct 'flap' problem?