Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Facelift rear lights on pre facelift model

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
olsonn

Post by olsonn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Although I haven't hit this problem yet, in good old BMW Z4 tradition, I can feel one coming on. I have a facelift bumper to go on anfd have sourced facelift surrounds so all I need to do now is to fit my facelift lights, but I am sure I have read somewhere that you need to have the rear lights programmed to work in a pre facelift car, can anybody enlighten me on this or is it just a figment of my imagination

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Something I will be doing shortly. Not seen a definitive answer, I believe it's a combination of coding AND wiring changes though...

Mike

olsonn

Post by olsonn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi Mike

that is similar to what I was thinking I had read about, need to get a definitive answer like you I will be doing mine in the next few weeks as well, once I get my new surrounds and get them sprayed

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:29 pm

This thread might help.
You can get them to work without coding, but to get then 100% you do need to code.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17666
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Yes a few of us have done it, it’s swap a few wires in the connection plug, cut the bulb holders back as the facelift bulbs don’t line up with the holes in the bodywork. Code car via ncsexpert to change voltage and remove T effect. You need to cut the bumper bracket under the lights or buy a facelift version.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics