Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BRAKE ISSUE

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
marypoppins

BRAKE ISSUE

Post by marypoppins » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:16 pm

ph001 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:25 pm I think he means that the yellow handbrake light can mean lots of things - not just a handbrake fault (e.g. low brake fluid, hill start assist etc). OP - if you have 5DCA Hydraulic unit pressure sensor internal fault it will almost certainly be the ABS pump however BMW now have a repair kit costing approx £185 (inc VAT) which resolves the issue. This is for the ABS pump repair module. Its a very common fault but BMW have never recalled their cars to correct the problem as it was not cost effective for them.
Many thanks for that. Do i get the kit from BMW direct and does it have a part number? Sorry to be a pain!
2.0i sport Sapphire black,sports seats,wheels,bluetooth prep, folding mirrors blah blah.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

BRAKE ISSUE

Post by ph001 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Just checking the price from ECU Testing has come down significantly from £300 to £165 / £195 now so hardly worth buying the BMW kit. Worth getting a price from BBA Reman as well <links for both below>

http://www.ecutesting.com/catalogue/bmw ... &model=658

http://www.bba-reman.com/gb/content.asp ... _abs_pumps

The only thing that surprises me a little is you normally always get the DSC light on with this fault. Make sure you mention that fault code to them when you book the repair.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

marypoppins

BRAKE ISSUE

Post by marypoppins » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks for the advice.
2.0i sport Sapphire black,sports seats,wheels,bluetooth prep, folding mirrors blah blah.