Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Jerky

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
MT94

Jerky

Post by MT94 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi all hope all are well recently I have had a small problem with my car when I'm in traffic and crawling forward if I hold the car between 1500 and 2500 rpm I get a boucny feeling almost like I'm pumping the break pedal but the car keeps going at the same speed just wondered if anyone else had this problem I've tried the throttle reset this seemed to have worked but the problem came back a day later, this also never does it other than when I'm crawling in traffic the throttle is normal the rest of the time. As always any help is much appreciated I'm getting to know these cars now and their little quirks.
Cheers.
Matt.
2004 E85 Z4 2.2i Titan Silver

greg81

Jerky

Post by greg81 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:30 am

CDV?

MT94

Jerky

Post by MT94 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:42 am

As far as I know my car hasn't had this delete done and I'm a little unsure on how to go about it, does it make any real difference to how the car is ?
2004 E85 Z4 2.2i Titan Silver

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Jerky

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:58 am

MT94 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:42 am As far as I know my car hasn't had this delete done and I'm a little unsure on how to go about it, does it make any real difference to how the car is ?
All it does is removes the restriction on releasing the clutch, so unless you are riding the clutch while this issue is there it's unrelated

Never had a manual Z4 but for those wishing to release the clutch quickly it makes it smoother

Sounds throttle related given you say a reset cured it for a day, so that's where I'd be looking but also do some testing on which gear and speed I'm in in case you are labouring the engine while crawling
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills