Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof motor- definitive list and prices

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
wegras

Post by wegras » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:57 pm

OldGreyZed wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:34 pm Thankd for the helpful replies gents.

Thanks number 5 that's good to know I'll certainly have a think about it

Wegras that was my point entirely, I can't understand why I have to Pm someone for a quote when it's in black and white by Mike and Number 5 above? Is it a secret? Should it not be available for people to see as he or she is nearest to me
We are not talking about a business here Bowser does it in his spare time from a demanding but very relevant day job and in my experience his prices seem to drop and of course depends on the issues and setting price lists is ridiculous
However thats your problem .
If it is a problem I suggest you do go somewhere else
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family

OldGreyZed

Post by OldGreyZed » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:03 pm

wegras wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:57 pm
OldGreyZed wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:34 pm Thankd for the helpful replies gents.

Wegras that was my point entirely, I can't understand why I have to Pm someone for a quote when it's in black and white by Mike and Number 5 above? Is it a secret? Should it not be available for people to see as he or she is nearest to me
We are not talking about a business here Bowser does it in his spare time from a demanding but very relevant day job and in my experience his prices seem to drop and of course depends on the issues and setting price lists is ridiculous
Wow what's with the attitude? I presume that as number 5 said he does it in his spare time too so what's the difference? Who are you his right hand man? I still don't understand why it would be a problem to just put the price for relocating the roof motor into the boot (which is a cut and dried process as far as the other members have said) then why is there no price available for that one task? Why does everyone else not have an issue sharing the cost of their services?

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:32 pm

OldGreyZed wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Wow what's with the attitude? I presume that as number 5 said he does it in his spare time too so what's the difference? Who are you his right hand man? I still don't understand why it would be a problem to just put the price for relocating the roof motor into the boot (which is a cut and dried process as far as the other members have said) then why is there no price available for that one task? Why does everyone else not have an issue sharing the cost of their services?
Likewise, I also do it in my spare time, what little I get with the shop lol. I just think that if you are offering a service, a price helps people decide, as well of course comments from people who have used a service.

And I agree with the OP, seems a strange attitude to take.

Just my 2p.

Mike

OldGreyZed

Post by OldGreyZed » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks Mike. I'll be in touch with you as I'm visiting some relatives in Wigan next month also thanks Number 5 for taking he time to post :thumbsup:

Kind regards

Jeremy

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:03 pm

I still need to visit Mike to get my roof sorted - at least the prices are clear to see :fuelfire:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:03 pm I still need to visit Mike to get my roof sorted - at least the prices are clear to see :fuelfire:
You know where I am!

Mike

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm thinking of getting this done too. I'm just north of Bristol so Number 5 would be close. I think we may be meeting at AV8 next month so might have a chat with you then?
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Vornwend wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 pm I'm thinking of getting this done too. I'm just north of Bristol so Number 5 would be close. I think we may be meeting at AV8 next month so might have a chat with you then?
Yes, no problem. I'll look forward to meeting you, or drop me a PM if we dont manage to catch up on the 8th.

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Number5 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 pm Yes, no problem. I'll look forward to meeting you, or drop me a PM if we dont manage to catch up on the 8th.
Great, thanks
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

mc123

Post by mc123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Number5, Number5, Hi Number5, I am new to this Forum, I have read you posts regarding roof motors and hopefully you can fix mine. I am based in Cheltenham, how do I contact you to fix a convenient time to bring the car down to Bristol? Thanks Miles

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm

over reaction much :?
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Post by sticky » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Browser134 in Hook

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Dont think anyone has mentioned 'Marius' just outside Crawley Surrey who recently moved my motor for £60.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:53 pm

Mike6 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:08 pm Dont think anyone has mentioned 'Marius' just outside Crawley Surrey who recently moved my motor for £60.
Don't think anyone cares... :D

Mike

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:01 pm

mc123 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:37 pm Number5, Number5, Hi Number5, I am new to this Forum, I have read you posts regarding roof motors and hopefully you can fix mine. I am based in Cheltenham, how do I contact you to fix a convenient time to bring the car down to Bristol? Thanks Miles
Hi Miles,

I dont want to put my phone number up and I dont think as a 'newbie' you can receive private messages immediately, so best to drop me an email at [email protected].
Thanks Alan