Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Weird 'lazy' throttle

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
groovy_hippy

Weird 'lazy' throttle

Post by groovy_hippy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:50 pm

My 2007 2.5i seems to have developed a 'lazy' throttle...

When starting it, it'll rev up as normal, but sloooowly comes down to normal idle speed.

It's a manual, and when blipping the throttle on a downward gear change - similar thing - the revs will drop sloooowly - resulting in some kangaroo-like change downs.

Sitting at idle, a gentle quick blip results in the lazy rev slow down, but a hefty lengthy rev results in a normal (ish) response.

Sometimes the revs will sort of 'run away', so I'm worried I've got a throttle with a mind of its own!!

Thoughts? Could it be the pedal, or is it something engine related? I've tried with DSC on and off...
Current ... 2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport | Manual | Alpine White | Black leather | Piano black dash
Intro to Zeds, now sold... 2007 Z4 2.5i SE Roadster | Manual | Stratus Grey | Red Leather | CDV delete | DLV backbox

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Weird 'lazy' throttle

Post by Smartbear » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi, that sounds like engine behaviour related to an intake air leak causing weak running-check your intake hoses & the small elbow that branches off it :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

G-A-R-Y

Weird 'lazy' throttle

Post by G-A-R-Y » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Perhaps clean and check the ICV (idle control valve). Use a carburettor cleaner and twist/shake vigorously (once removed) to get it moving until you can hear a certain clunking.