Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Meyle HD wishbones

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Meyle HD wishbones

Post by markplant » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:07 pm

Zed went in for service an pre MOT checks today and the only thing of note was a slight amount of play in the rear bush on the front wishbone
So I'm tempted to just replace the complete wishbone
Can anyone recommend a seller for this item
The car is a 54 reg. 3.0
Thanks
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Meyle HD wishbones

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:51 pm

eBay were the cheapest for me. You might as well do both while you've got the car up. Drop links and ARB bushings too.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Meyle HD wishbones

Post by markplant » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Cheers Steve, was meaning both, would you have a link, are they all the same , same goes for drop links, iirc the ARB are in 2 sizes so I'd need to measure up for those,
I just get a bit panicked about ordering of eBay potentially incorrect parts, it's not like you can just nip back to the shop to return the stuff.
Thanks for your help and advice
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

ba3bas

Meyle HD wishbones

Post by ba3bas » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Use the meyle website to get your part numbers right.

Be surprised if you need a new anti roll bar and if you're changing why not get h&r ones instead with lemfordet drop links (you only need rears)
Untitled by Ba3bas, on Flickr

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Meyle HD wishbones

Post by markplant » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:30 pm

ba3bas wrote:Use the meyle website to get your part numbers right.

Be surprised if you need a new anti roll bar and if you're changing why not get h&r ones instead with lemfordet drop links (you only need rears)
Was meaning the ARB bushes
But just been reading an some refer to poly bushes for Arb causing more noise in the cabin and the bushes creaking
But thanks for tip about meyle website I'll see if I can find them

ba3bas

Meyle HD wishbones

Post by ba3bas » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:59 pm

markplant wrote:
ba3bas wrote:Use the meyle website to get your part numbers right.

Was meaning the ARB bushes
But just been reading an some refer to poly bushes for Arb causing more noise in the cabin and the bushes creaking
But thanks for tip about meyle website I'll see if I can find them
They won't creak or cause more noise in he cabin. Unless they just don't fit and based on that I'd be wary of anything non-oem quality (ecp usually have options and he cheaper the less close to OE quality they are.

Poly bushes from decent manufacturers fit fine but unless upgrading the Arb itself totally pointless apart from longevity.

Don't be afraid to buy normal meyle or lemforder

Meyle only make HD versions of items that are prone to failure outside of normal wear and tear
Untitled by Ba3bas, on Flickr

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Meyle HD wishbones

Post by markplant » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Thanks again :thumbsup: