Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Perplexed - self steering 2.5si roadster

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Bunker

Re: Perplexed - self steering 2.5si roadster

Post by Bunker » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:25 am

Get her to a pro with the proper kit, bloody sure an alignment and a decent set of rubber will sort it. Admittedly vast amounts of ££££ but it really is worth it.
2007 Kia Ceed - The wife's
2011 Z4 35i - The beast
1996 E36 Coupe - The project

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 am

When I bought my Zed I was informed that the rears were non rft and fronts were still rft. Car was bloody awful!!! Upon investigation only 1 of the fronts was rft the other was non rft. Changed to non rft all round now, P Zero's. And bloody hell!!!!!!! What a transformation its like a new car, far more pleasant ride and although does tramline a little, well it's sports car with rubber bands for tyres...... I love it.. :D :D :D :thumbsup:
2004 2.5,clear fronts,sides,rears,stubby.Self quad conv+rear bumper, Aero's,108's,spacers, cruise, mfsw, 3.0l brake conv,m-tec discs.Modded Z4M bumper

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:31 am

The tram lining could be a sine the bush might want looking at in the future. But glad it better and your happy :thumbsup:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

jnwright71

Post by jnwright71 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Happy :D :D :D

Front wishbone rear bushes replaced today and car transformed. £108 fitted inc VAT. Meyle HD with 4 year warranty and only took my trusted indie 40 minutes to fit. Just need to get the tyre pressures optimised to bets the best trade off between ride and performance, but looks like 31F/33R is the way to go.

My car only had 53K on the clock, has just passed an MOT, but the bushes were really shot. I would recommend anyone with a tramlining / twitchy steering issue to get these bushes checked ASAP. From what I have read, these seem to be a weak point and for £108 replacement has made the handling / steering way way better.

Enjoy.

James
2006 Z4 2.5si roadster - Silvergrey, oregon peal grey leather, cruise, BT

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:21 pm

I was right again smug face :wink:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:56 pm

I put meyle bushes on my front wishbones & got an improvement in steering precision, I also got a sizeable benefit from oiling the steering column uj's, it seems they dry out due to exhaust heat & create extra friction for the steering, it feels far less "nervous" now :driving:

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold