Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

e89 timeline upgrades, facelift etc

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Squiddie

Post by Squiddie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:47 pm

I don't think I have seen a complete list of improvements that the e89 went through over the years, facelift, or at random times. If such a thing exists, can you point me to it?

I am turning in my MY 2015 lease and I am thinking about going back to a naturally aspirated 3.0 with stick shift. I don't know what to expect in detail.

Specific questions that come to mind:
- any improvements to the stereo? I have the MY2015 upgraded stereo with 7-band EQ that worked very well
- what about headlights? Halo daytime running lights? Xenons?
- I prefer non-adaptive suspension anyway, did they have sports seats without adaptive suspension back then? (in the US in 2015 they only had the sport package which bundled those two)

Thanks!

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi, my 2010 sdrive3.0 came with a sound system that sound like a cheap transistor radio (although it was only the business version)
It also had the m-sport seats without having adaptive suspension (m-sport suspension on my car)
All e89 cars have Xeon lights, the halo's are a yellow colour compared to the lci facelift cars.
Lci cars also have a beefed up roof mechanism to cope with operation of the roof "on the wing"
I've probably forgotten some bits&pieces :oops:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

EssexZed

Post by EssexZed » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:02 pm

As far as I know the 2013 Life Cycle Impulse (LCI) changes that are most noticeable include;

6 speed ZF auto changed to 8 speed
Auto gearbox paddle shifters changed (instead of push pull to go up or down on both sides of the steering wheel it became up on the right and down on the left)
Restyled front and rear bumpers
White corona rings on the headlights with a white 'eyebrow' across the top
Led side repeater flashers
Modified rear lights
Changes to the steering to provide more feel
Manual cars had stop/start to help lower emissions
All engines became Euro 6 emissions compliant
Introduction of the sDrive 18i variant

I think there were a number of spec changes so some models got things they didn't have before like auto dipping rear view mirrors etc.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:43 am

The 8 speed ZF box was fitted to 2.0i and 2.8i pre face lift for info...at least mine has..also these engines are Euro 6 as are all N20 engines