Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Send Destination To Sat Nav

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
TheBows

Post by TheBows » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:30 am

Hello,

I know that via 'BMW Routes' I can construct a route with a starting point and a destination, and then send that to the car. What I want to do is simply to send a destination to the car.

I know that in older versions of Google Maps it was possible to do this, but for some reason it has been withdrawn from newer versions. I also have read that it is still possible to call up the older version of Google and do such things. I have not found this possible.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Stephen

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:27 am

Google maps send to car was removed for some makes of car. I've not tried this for a while as you need an active (paid) Connected Drive subscription.

On BMW routes you can download routes to USB and import that to the car. Easier just to put the destination in the car.

If you have an active subscription it's best to use the phone app BMW ConnectedDrive as it's quick and easy to send data using that.

dk345

Post by dk345 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Send to car through Google Maps still works fine for me. Admittedly you do need to select "Send to your Phone" and then pick the car, but I did it fine just a few days ago.

As Maniac says, it could be something to do with your connected drive subscription.
2013 Mineral White 35iS