Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

internal boot release switch

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Dr-Jon

Post by Dr-Jon » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Well guys thanks to the wiring diagrams i have managed to fit the missing boot switch to my 2010 2.3i this morning.
had to go to the stealer for the crimp required but it was quite straight forward, just 3 wires, positive, grond and a signal to the CAS unit.
all in and around the drivers foot well.
I know it's not essential but had it on my e60 and it comes in handy sometimes, like when your in the car waiting for the mrs to nip in the shops and you see her coming with her hands full, now i can just press the button and the boots open :)
2010 2.3 Auto with paddles in black with koral red leather and Sat Nav, heated seats, and steering wheel. stubby aerial

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:27 pm

Dr-Jon wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:13 pm Well guys thanks to the wiring diagrams i have managed to fit the missing boot switch to my 2010 2.3i this morning.
had to go to the stealer for the crimp required but it was quite straight forward, just 3 wires, positive, grond and a signal to the CAS unit.
all in and around the drivers foot well.
I know it's not essential but had it on my e60 and it comes in handy sometimes, like when your in the car waiting for the mrs to nip in the shops and you see her coming with her hands full, now i can just press the button and the boots open :)
Surely all you had to do was press the unlock button on the dash twice and it would be open?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Z4monster

Post by Z4monster » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Surely all you had to do was press the unlock button on the dash twice and it would be open?

Eh how does that work? Just tried it on mine and doesn't do anything like that. Very interested if it does on yours. Is it something that you got coded?

Just resalised you probably mean unlocked but not open.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Z4monster wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 pm Surely all you had to do was press the unlock button on the dash twice and it would be open?

Eh how does that work? Just tried it on mine and doesn't do anything like that. Very interested if it does on yours. Is it something that you got coded?

If you are in the car and it is locked, and the passenger gets out their door is unlocked, when the door unlock button is pressed on the dash it will firstly lock the door that was unlocked and then after a second press it will unlock the whole car, both doors the boot and the fuel filler.
Is this not all thats needed?
Its not like the boot will spring open with the push of a button.
Its pretty much the same as the boot unlock on the keyfob, its pointless as you still have to use the handle/boot badge to open the boot.
So even if the OP has installed a button inside to mimic pressing the boot open button his wife will still need to grab the handle to lift the boot.

Dr-Jon

Post by Dr-Jon » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:59 pm
Z4monster wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 pm Surely all you had to do was press the unlock button on the dash twice and it would be open?

If you are in the car and it is locked, and the passenger gets out their door is unlocked, when the door unlock button is pressed on the dash it will firstly lock the door that was unlocked and then after a second press it will unlock the whole car, both doors the boot and the fuel filler.
Its pretty much the same as the boot unlock on the keyfob, its pointless as you still have to use the handle/boot badge to open the boot.
So even if the OP has installed a button inside to mimic pressing the boot open button his wife will still need to grab the handle to lift the boot.
Yes but it's still nice to have...I hate a blanking plate in the dash ....so now I have a switch. In all honisty it may not be used much but, it's that one time...you never know. :driving:
2010 2.3 Auto with paddles in black with koral red leather and Sat Nav, heated seats, and steering wheel. stubby aerial

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:11 am

Dr-Jon wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:23 pm
Nictrix wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Yes but it's still nice to have...I hate a blanking plate in the dash ....so now I have a switch. In all honisty it may not be used much but, it's that one time...you never know. :driving:
Its just a shame that the boot could not actually automatically lift after opening, that could be very handy, its very handy with the X6 even if it looks a bit show offy. 8)