Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Adding bluetooth to DSP Professional radio

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Zikim

Post by Zikim » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:48 am

The E89 that I have just bought has the high end Professional DSP radio with CD and Aux input, it does not have Idrive. It has an after market Parrot 3200 hands fitted which is so bad (sound and function) that it is unusable and won't automatically switch over to calls or mute sound, I have to switch to Aux output. I have taken out the head unit and at the back there are no additional inputs other than 1 large connector and aerial.

So it needs to be ripped out (unless someone can tell me how to get it working better). What options do I have for adding bluetooth and also USB?
- Is there a comparable device to the DICE Mediabridge which I had in the E85?
- Can I replace the head unit with one that has bluetooth and USB and if so, does the head unit have the DSP built in to it or does the head unit have to be for DSP or does it not matter?

Zikim

Post by Zikim » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:37 am

Anyone added bluetooth to professional radio with DSP Logic 7 and if so what have you used?