Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Whoops [Z4 crash on motorway]

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:27 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:
BMWZ4MC wrote:
Nictrix wrote: Looking at it the DS was probably moving from the middle to the left lane and thats possibly why the Z driver thought it was clear to pull out.
The DS is driving far faster than I would under the circumstances, and I suspect he moved into the near side lane immediately before coming into view, and did so without indicating (perhaps to undertake the van he subsequently hits). If so, blame can be apportioned to both the Zed driver and that of the DS. However, the Z4 crosses a solid white line when rejoining the main carriageway, so he is really the one at greater fault. As said, it sounds like he was driving like a nob even before this too.
This is supposition about undertaking . I' could argue the DS moved in to allow the faster white van past at what is a safe point. He did so after all the traffic was static and is 100% entitled to do so and with no signal. The Z4 made an illegal move crossing a solid white line
100% his fault
But he's driving a bright yellow Citroen, surely he has to take some of the blame?! :D
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

DinosaurEyes

Whoops

Post by DinosaurEyes » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:01 pm

Regardless of who is to blame, I just felt sorry for the Z4 driver who is getting slated by everyone on the internet. At the end of the day it's a silly mistake and I'm sure they feel bad. Hope everyone is safe and unhurt, and they all get back on the road asap.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by TitanTim » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Completely the Citroen drivers fault, first off he/she is driving an inferior French car, the Z4 had the courtesy to mirror and indicate before pulling out and rather than moving over decided to write the Z4 off, pure jealousy in its simplest form :x

Tim.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:48 pm

DinosaurEyes wrote:Regardless of who is to blame, I just felt sorry for the Z4 driver who is getting slated by everyone on the internet. At the end of the day it's a silly mistake and I'm sure they feel bad. Hope everyone is safe and unhurt, and they all get back on the road asap.
We have very different opinions. Forget for a moment it was a Z4. He was driving like an idiot if you watch to full video. He's written off 3 cars and probably caused damage to another one down the line.
Of course I hope everyone is safe but he should lose his licence for a period of time

Video cameras are excellent for catching such driving
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by Smartbear » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:20 pm

jimbo1958 wrote:
pvr wrote:Perhaps it was a 2.0 that just couldn't move quickly enough ... 8)
Was thinking it had to be a 4 pot....I'd be long gone in my 35i before the Citroen was anywhere near me. :whistle:
A four pot would be far ahead of your car as you would still be in the petrol station wasting your money.... :poke:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by jimbo1958 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Smartbear wrote:
jimbo1958 wrote:
pvr wrote:Perhaps it was a 2.0 that just couldn't move quickly enough ... 8)
Was thinking it had to be a 4 pot....I'd be long gone in my 35i before the Citroen was anywhere near me. :whistle:
A four pot would be far ahead of your car as you would still be in the petrol station wasting your money.... :poke:
Rob
True Dat. :D
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

Greg 01

Whoops

Post by Greg 01 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:16 pm

This is a daily occurrence on the m60 these days I travel that bit every day in my truck and every day see the same kind of driving two outside lanes flying by the side of stationery traffic and folk diving in and out to save a few minutes. :thumbsdown:
Take the z drivers license off them for a year so it sinks in what could of happened :poke: .
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup:

biojo

Z4 UK Motorway crash

Post by biojo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:20 pm

does the other car look to be coming out of middle lane and into nearside

sill the z4s fault

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 UK Motorway crash

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:12 am

TitanTim wrote: Maybe he/she was having a bad day.
Well even if not, it soon became one!

Hope nobody was injured - moronic manoeuvre on the part of the Z4 driver.

That's what gets the rest of us a bad rep. Seeing as the Z4 looks unlikely to be repairable, hopefully it will be replaced with something else - maybe an Audi! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 UK Motorway crash

Post by enzed4 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:53 am

The driving was terrible, no argument. But why is there so much hate in the comments? (I suppose it's true for any video like this, they always seem to attract certain types of commenters). I imagine if the video had capture an Asian woman getting out of the Z4, the Internet would have literally exploded.... :oops:
Not sure how the brand or model of car influenced the poor driving, but the way some comments read, it's as if it was a foregone conclusion from the moment the owner was handed the keys to their "BMWanker" car :x
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

domsz4

Whoops

Post by domsz4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:14 pm

anyone seen the video of the e89 crashing on the m60 that's currently on carthrottle ... looks nasty hope no one was injured no matter who the web is blaming
Last edited by Wondermike on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Duplicates merged
Proud Whip owner ;)

alane29

M60 accident

Post by alane29 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Have seen it im blaming the z4 drver
2007 E86 M Coupe
2005 E85 2.5SE

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 UK Motorway crash

Post by ronk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 pm

We've all made mistakes but have got away with it - This fella made a mistake but wasn't so lucky!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

domsz4

Whoops

Post by domsz4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:27 am

domsz4 wrote:anyone seen the video of the e89 crashing on the m60 that's currently on carthrottle ... looks nasty hope no one was injured no matter who the web is blaming
wondered where the post had gone... it would be interesting to see how the z was driving before the accident.

stationary traffic is always difficult to get into so where he pulled in earlier in the video wasn't that bad. makes me think of the m69/m1 junction.

with the best will in the world that z was not going to get out from stationary quickly enough. The Citroen held up pretty well all things considered.
Proud Whip owner ;)

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 UK Motorway crash

Post by WLH » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:41 am

biojo wrote:does the other car look to be coming out of middle lane and into nearside

sill the z4s fault
I saw that as well especially when viewing that part of the clip 1 frame at a time. Might explain that the Z4 driver saw him but did not see his movement to the lane he pulled out into. Still IMO the fault is with the Z4 driver.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos