Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Coding for mic

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Marbeck64

Coding for mic

Post by Marbeck64 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Does anyone know if the microphone on the professional radio with Bluetooth(Upgrade from Std.) need to be coded in order for it to work? The HU can see the mobile phone and can call out and recive calls just no voice input from me going out. I know I will have to code it for the ipod connection as it's not showing on the screen. Also will the Carly app do this or do I need pro software to do it. I have BMCables diagnostic suite software. Will this work?
Cheers for any info,

Martin
2010 BMW Z4 23i 6spd

Previous BMW's
2003 BMW 325iC manual
2006 BMW x3 3.0D auto
1999 BMW 328is manual
1995 BMW 318i manual
1986 BMW 325iC manual

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Coding for mic

Post by Chris_D » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Marbeck64 wrote:Does anyone know if the microphone on the professional radio with Bluetooth(Upgrade from Std.) need to be coded in order for it to work? The HU can see the mobile phone and can call out and recive calls just no voice input from me going out. I know I will have to code it for the ipod connection as it's not showing on the screen. Also will the Carly app do this or do I need pro software to do it. I have BMCables diagnostic suite software. Will this work?
Cheers for any info,

Martin
Been meaning to get this sorted too.
Car pairs with my crappy old iPhone 4S but didn't seem to use the mic in the light cluster during a call.
I have carly and I don't recall seeing a coding option for this.
They do constant updates however and reply v quick to emails.
mycarly.com
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

willgill

Coding for mic

Post by willgill » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:31 pm

there is no specific carly option for the mic, but you might need to make sure you have the right modules installed/identified. Not sure if Carly does that I used to use INPA/SSS for that when I was coding m e46/e60s

AnubisZed

Coding for mic

Post by AnubisZed » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Did you ever sort this issue?
I'm looking at fitting the Bluetooth/USB Professional head unit but am unsure about the coding issue (as I already have a non-Bluetooth/USB professional unit installed)
TIA
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

AnubisZed

Coding for mic

Post by AnubisZed » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:55 am

Ok so for future reference this is what I've found out so far.

To have all of the functions "fully" working on the later Professional head unit (ie; the USB port and the Bluetooth) you NEED to code it with INPA/NCSEXPERT, details of how to do this are in the attached video.
Doing so will enable the microphone for the Bluetooth and the use of the USB (in a used unit these functions may already be operational!)

[youtube]https://youtu.be/xT0B0v_1uyM[/youtube]

I hope that is of some help to others.
** As I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my nice brand new head unit I'll amend/correct any info that I find is incorrect once I've installed it. **
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q