Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Door Mirrors

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
V8 Animal

Door Mirrors

Post by V8 Animal » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Does anyone know if BMW can programme my key to close the mirrors when locking the car.
You can close the mirrors with the button on the door card.
Thanks

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Door Mirrors

Post by firebobby » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:49 pm

I'm sure this has been raised before and don't think it's possible. Would be nice if it could be done though.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

willgill

Door Mirrors

Post by willgill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:58 pm

yep easy to do as long as you already have motorised mirrors on the door card, you dont need to pay BMW just download carly, grab an OBD cable and do it yourself

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Door Mirrors

Post by firebobby » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 pm

willgill wrote:yep easy to do as long as you already have motorised mirrors on the door card, you dont need to pay BMW just download carly, grab an OBD cable and do it yourself
Would it work on the E85 ?
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

willgill

Door Mirrors

Post by willgill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:24 pm

yes, if you have them, they were an incredibly rare option on the e85. The option is codeable though :)

Comfort fold/unfold for mirrors 1/3
• active
• not active
When holding the lock/unlock button on the remote the sideview mirrors automatically fold/unfold. In order to activate this function, set the other two settings to ‘active’. (codable in GM5)
Comfort fold/unfold for mirrors 2/3
• active
• not active
When holding the lock/unlock button on the remote the sideview mirrors automatically fold/unfold. In order to activate this function, set the other two settings to ‘active’. (codable in GM5)

Comfort fold/unfold for mirrors 3/3
• active
• not active

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Door Mirrors

Post by firebobby » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:14 pm

willgill wrote:yes, if you have them, they were an incredibly rare option on the e85. The option is codeable though :)

• active
• not active
• active
• not active

• active
• not active
Hi Willgill, yes my car does have the folding mirrors and it would be nice to get them coded, I will need to look into getting carly and a cable. Thanks
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

D4dawg

Door Mirrors

Post by D4dawg » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:54 am

firebobby wrote:
willgill wrote:yes, if you have them, they were an incredibly rare option on the e85. The option is codeable though :)

• active
• not active
• active
• not active

• active
• not active
Hi Willgill, yes my car does have the folding mirrors and it would be nice to get them coded, I will need to look into getting carly and a cable. Thanks
Don't tell wife about Carly;)

Pastry

Door Mirrors

Post by Pastry » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:16 am

firebobby wrote:

• active
• not active
• active
• not active

• active
• not active
I've got Carly and the new dongle Fred so give me a shout when your my way and we can see what's available :thumbsup:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Door Mirrors

Post by Chris_D » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:17 am

D4dawg wrote:
firebobby wrote:

• active
• not active
• active
• not active

• active
• not active
Carly is bound to be cited in Freds' divorce proceedings... As well as the gimp suit and gag ball shennanigans. Oh well..
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

D4dawg

Door Mirrors

Post by D4dawg » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:22 am

:rofl:
Chris_D wrote:
D4dawg wrote:
firebobby wrote: Hi Willgill, yes my car does have the folding mirrors and it would be nice to get them coded, I will need to look into getting carly and a cable. Thanks
Carly is bound to be cited in Freds' divorce proceedings... As well as the gimp suit and gag ball shennanigans. Oh well..
Prenuptial time

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Door Mirrors

Post by firebobby » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:39 am

Pastry wrote:
firebobby wrote:

• active
• not active
• active
• not active

• active
• not active
I've got Carly and the new dongle Fred so give me a shout when your my way and we can see what's available :thumbsup:
Cheers Paul, I may take you up on that, I could bring one of my spare whippies and do a transplant while carly does her work :wink:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Door Mirrors

Post by firebobby » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:43 am

Chris_D wrote:
D4dawg wrote:
firebobby wrote: Hi Willgill, yes my car does have the folding mirrors and it would be nice to get them coded, I will need to look into getting carly and a cable. Thanks
Now I'm worried about you Chris, gag ball ?? WTF. :roll:
No wonder you don't have a female lover, not sure about a male one though :rofl: :rofl:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Door Mirrors

Post by Chris_D » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:46 am

firebobby wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
D4dawg wrote: Don't tell wife about Carly;)
Now I'm worried about you Chris, gag ball ?? WTF. :roll:
No wonder you don't have a female lover, not sure about a male one though :rofl: :rofl:
Illiciting surprise at the gag ball but not the gimp suit fred? Mhmmm. Says it all. :wink:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

*AL*

Door Mirrors

Post by *AL* » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:15 pm

I've coded mine with Carley to have the electric mirrors fold when locking, it should have been a standard feature!
2009 (59) Z4 E89 3.0i Sdrive in deep sea blue, white extended leather, I-drive, folding mirrors. Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Door Mirrors

Post by firebobby » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:07 pm

*AL* wrote:I've coded mine with Carley to have the electric mirrors fold when locking, it should have been a standard feature!
That's good, looks like I will be going to my bezzy mate Pastry's house then :thumbsup:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981