Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

35i Exhaust - where to buy?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Rockford

Post by Rockford » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:50 pm

As my mileage has plummeted the Z4 has really become a weekend toy and in standard guise it's not "exciting" enough in the sound department.

I've watched all the videos on Youtube, read the very few reviews I can find and thought I had made my mind up on a Milltek system. Except.......I cannot find a single UK based retailer that will supply one (discontinued I believe). It looks like SuperSpring can supply and ship to UK but frankly the exhaust is far too expensive.

FOX seem to have a system available on eBay which looks reasonable (around £1k for cat back system with X-pipe) but I can find no feedback on the system.

Can anyone recommend a retailer in the UK to actually buy a pre-made 35i exhaust system from?

Fail that, has anyone had much success with custom systems?
2019 BMW M40i First Edition Frozen Orange
2014 BMW M4 DCT Yas Marina Blue

Previous Zeds:
2010 BMW Z4 35i DCT (Evolve: 360BHP)
2009 BMW Z4 35i DCT
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i manual

new_world99

Post by new_world99 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:12 pm

I have been thinking of getting a back box mod by a guy called Paul who comes to you and do mobile weilding - he has done a few M3s and the videos on youtube and facebook looks good. Has anyone got any experience of having had that done? (i.e. cutting open the back box, covering some of the perforated pipes and rewelding the box close).

35i-Nut

Post by 35i-Nut » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Miltek are discontinued and they wont make you a one off , I tried

Have you looked at the Fox system ? , cheaper than supersprint and Einsenman

https://youtu.be/FYmiJ9_LjKI

I would go for this looks nice , or you could go custom for £600 and you would still get £400 for it if you kept the standard system for when you flog the car

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:12 pm

new_world99 wrote:I have been thinking of getting a back box mod by a guy called Paul who comes to you and do mobile weilding - he has done a few M3s and the videos on youtube and facebook looks good. Has anyone got any experience of having had that done? (i.e. cutting open the back box, covering some of the perforated pipes and rewelding the box close).

The boxes on the E85/85 & E89 aren't the same inside as the M3 box, so it's not just a case of wrapping the perforated tubes. There's a fair bit of fabrication involved in all of the Z boxes to "release the noise"

Mike

Busterboo

Post by Busterboo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:19 am

Dansk are OEM for Porsche, are very good and do some exhaust parts for BMW, I believe.

Whatever, worth a search.
Vidi, vici, veni