Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Who uses a radar detector?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
SO8

Post by SO8 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:44 pm

pvr wrote:I played with a Lidar gun a few years back, and was surprised on how many cars I could not get a reading. It was not as easy as I thought as even big trucks would sometimes not give a reading.
If you tried a Pro Laser III you would realise how easy it is with that one ... I use to offer it to anyone who questioned whether I could hold it OK to get a reading. After a quick try they were amazed - never had anyone go not guilty ! :wink:

Now, the other end of the scale, an LTi 20/20 ... I used to hate that one - rubbish ... not used now AFAIK.
Current : BMW M240i Convertible in black and a Smart Fortwo diesel in white :)
Previous : BMW 35iS in Mineral White and an Mercedes AMG A45 in black

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Yes, tried that as well and got readings on parked cars :cry:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:01 pm

Chris_D wrote:
buzyg wrote:Never used any form of detector. This is not an issue around Cornwall. I probably know where every single fixed camera is and have only ever seen roaming units out and about on the major roads. So I simply don't drive quickly on them, we have a great network of empty minor roads. :wink: On trips away it's another matter. My general rules these days are, stick to or often well bellow the limit on Motorways and major routes. Keep your eye's pealed and trust to good luck the rest of the time. :D :driving:

One interesting point to note. I saw more camera vans on my one trip up to Scotland in May. Than I have seen in total around Cornwall in several years. :D
image.jpeg
Edit: Shame the attachment doesn't carry forward.

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup: Lovely place...Too many cameras and more importantly, Too bl##dy cold. :wink: