Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 35i Option Questions

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
gwatson

E89 35i Option Questions

Post by gwatson » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:23 pm

Evening all,

I knew I wouldn't stay away for long after selling my Z4M back in Feb :)

Seen a 35i which takes my fancy, but I have a few questions:

Servotronic steering, rubbish or generally ok? Can the "Sport Steering Setup" from the 35is be coded in to the 35i?

What are the following packages options compromised of? (I downloaded an old Z4 brochure, but mention of packages)
Comfort Package
Connectivity Package

Also, no mention of Xenon's on the spec sheet, were they standard? It does have headlight washers. It's a July 2010 car.

Lastly, does this picture show the old style paddles? (which would need changed!!)

Thanks in advance.

G
Last edited by gwatson on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current:
E89 SDrive 30i M Sport - Manual
Jaguar F-Type V6S Convertible
E70 X5 30d

Previous:
Z4M Roadster Interlagos Blue
ESS Stage 2 Supercharged E85 3.0

R.E92

E89 35i Option Questions

Post by R.E92 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Yes, old paddles.

That's a DCT Msport with heated seats, Parking sensors, iDrive, upgraded speakers. Xenons as standard.

Connectivity pack is USB in the armrest and bluetooth I think. Comfort package probably has the parking sensors, heated seats and auto wipers and lights, but not sure on that one.

Garvin

E89 35i Option Questions

Post by Garvin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Servotronic steering is pretty good. In Sport & Sport+ mode it weights up to give more 'feel'.

Comfort Access is 'keyless entry'. You leave the key in your pocket and when you lift the door handle the car will open. To lock just touch the small pad under the handle and the car locks itself up and alarms/immobilises.

Connectivity Package has a USB audio interface (to plug your iPod/iPhone into the ICE) and Bluetooth connectivity for your mobile phone.

Xenons are standard. Adaptive Headlights and High Beam Assist are options.

Yes, those are the old style paddles.
Considering Ordered Received 35is - Melbourne Red / Ivory White with lots of bells & whistles. Deep Sea Blue replacement 35is now also departed. Replaced by something more brash, more powerful and American!

gwatson

E89 35i Option Questions

Post by gwatson » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Thanks for the responses. I read the paddle change is fairly easy, I can use the same steering wheel right?

My main concern was the servotronic steering. Any idea if you can code the steering to match that of the 35is?

Looks a good spec car, just missing adaptive suspension, but I'd fit 18's with non run flats and Eibach springs. That setup served me well on the Z4M, hopefully not too crashy on the E89.
Last edited by gwatson on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current:
E89 SDrive 30i M Sport - Manual
Jaguar F-Type V6S Convertible
E70 X5 30d

Previous:
Z4M Roadster Interlagos Blue
ESS Stage 2 Supercharged E85 3.0

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

E89 35i Option Questions

Post by Maniac » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Comfort package is not comfort access.

Never heard of coding steering assistance changes.

Having driven 35i and iS I couldn't tell any difference in steering.

Garvin

E89 35i Option Questions

Post by Garvin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Maniac wrote:Comfort package is not comfort access.

Never heard of coding steering assistance changes.

Having driven 35i and iS I couldn't tell any difference in steering.
There was no Comfort Package listed for a 2010 car, only Comfort Access.

Selecting Sport or Sport+ (Drive Dynamic Control), and I quote, " . . . . allows you to sharpen several of the vehicle responses. The system encompasses the level of assistance from the Electric Power Steering, . . . . . "

There is no difference in the steering between the 35i and iS models.
Considering Ordered Received 35is - Melbourne Red / Ivory White with lots of bells & whistles. Deep Sea Blue replacement 35is now also departed. Replaced by something more brash, more powerful and American!

freemadw

E89 35i Option Questions

Post by freemadw » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:36 pm

The Comfort Package is extended lighting (lights in door handles and under doors), extended storage (storage next to steering column, storage in rear bulkhead) and wind break. There may be a couple of other bits and pieces.
Connectivity package is the USB socket and Aux-In socket under the armrest.
The Servotronic steering is changed depending on which mode you have the car in (Comfort, Sport, Sport+) As far as I'm aware there's no difference between the 35i and the 35is.
Xenons are standard across the range, there are a couple of other lighting options, there's an auto-dipping feature and an adaptive lighting option which I think lights the respective side of the car depending on the steering input. I think these options are pretty unusual.
Those are the old style paddles, I believe the new style can be retrofitted pretty easily (although you might want to get some info from someone who's actually done it).
The speaker package might be the 10 speaker Advanced package or the 14 speaker Professional package.
Looks like a nice car. I've just swapped my 2011 23i Auto (and some cash...) for a 2011 35i Manual, very pleased with the new car.
Cheers, Dave
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining...