Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My 35iS 6 Months On

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

My 35iS 6 Months On

Post by ronk » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:55 pm

SO8 wrote:
... but you will have to be gentle with the right foot !

How well do the electronic gizmos deal with the the power of the 35is?
They seemed to counter oversteer in the 3.0l ok with a very sudden jolt.
All the electronics flatter to deieve I think.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

dk345

My 35iS 6 Months On

Post by dk345 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:27 am

SO8 wrote:You will, it is fine and very comfy ... but you will have to be gentle with the right foot !
Well we'll see, it'll be fun if nothing else! Have managed to make the back end twitch pulling out of junctions in the wet, so will have to put my sensible cap on soon enough.

To be honest I might not get much driving done anyway. The electric gate that secures our apartment complex has a tendency to seize shut when it gets too cold, so I may spend all of winter working from home :P
2013 Mineral White 35iS

stuartinzg

My 35iS 6 Months On

Post by stuartinzg » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:24 am

ronk wrote:
SO8 wrote:
... but you will have to be gentle with the right foot !

How well do the electronic gizmos deal with the the power of the 35is?
They seemed to counter oversteer in the 3.0l ok with a very sudden jolt.
All the electronics flatter to deieve I think.
With great difficulty. Be very careful as you learn, it can bite hard. Even stock has a huge amount of torque from low rpm, my rolling road guy was surprised too.

I was travelling around 60mph in a straight line on a wet dual carriageway and attempted to accelerate to pass merging traffic. Lost traction and almost went sideways, that was one brown trouser moment. I'm running MPSS too not ditchfinders!

Also, any hard acceleration on any sort of non-straight bit of road, it will just kick out. Put my foot down on a sliproad from a petrol station and almost drifted into the motorway.

Learn slowly :)
35iS, Black/Coral Red, 19" BBS CH-R/MPSS, Eiback Pro Springs, CoolCarbon Performance Pads, Golf T, Stubby, LED 80w halo's, X6 tips, CarPro CQuartz, Custom painted accessories

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

My 35iS 6 Months On

Post by ronk » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:19 pm

stuartinzg wrote:
Learn slowly :)
Sound advice - thanks
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

extaz

My 35iS 6 Months On

Post by extaz » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:54 pm

Enjoyed the photos. Never saw one in mineral white. It is very sharp with the red interior.

dk345

My 35iS 6 Months On

Post by dk345 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:31 am

extaz wrote:Enjoyed the photos. Never saw one in mineral white. It is very sharp with the red interior.
Mineral White has really grown on me (which I guess is unsurpsing considering I now own one :P )

Whilst looking I wasn't a fan of white, but after seeing this one in the flesh I've had my mind changed. It's an almost pearlescent paint, so you get really nice shimmers and colour shifts when the sun shines on it. Stick it next to an alpine white one and the difference is surprising.

Freshly cleaned and waxed is great (driveway picture in my post) but it doesn't even get **that** dirty.
2013 Mineral White 35iS