Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Evolve remap 35i Review

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Rockford

Evolve remap 35i Review

Post by Rockford » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:13 pm

So I've just got in from a very long day to visit the chaps at Evolve Automotive (of US and UK fame for their work on Mpower cars, specifically M3's) and thought I'd post initial thoughts.

Firstly I was very happy to hear my 2010 model was in fact still outputting higher than book figures giving a RR of 308bhp which was encouraging. Guys at Evolve were friendly, didn't interact hugely but were always around and offered Netflix, drinks and WiFi whilst I waited. Final figure was 360bhp, Dyno Dynamics rolling road (I'm not interested in the figure itself so no debates on rolling road accuracy, just posted for reference).

Post remap the car drives in much the same way as the standard car in terms of delivery, around town the characteristics are identical and you'd be hard pressed to notice the map. Open the taps though and the car now pulls with much more urgency and the way it goes through 2nd and 3rd is really very impressive. The extra torque available is very apparent in 7th gear at motorway cruise, a quick burst and you're in to points territory, full kick down in to 3rd and you're risking a ban very promptly!

I'll post up the graph and better impressions once I've got a few more miles under my belt but overall I am very very happy and thoroughly recommend!

Cheers
2019 BMW M40i First Edition Frozen Orange
2014 BMW M4 DCT Yas Marina Blue

Previous Zeds:
2010 BMW Z4 35i DCT (Evolve: 360BHP)
2009 BMW Z4 35i DCT
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i manual

35i-Nut

Evolve remap 35i Review

Post by 35i-Nut » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Thanks for posting

You are one of 2 people I have read who have used Evolve who have a good reputation

Interested to see your graphs , do you have Air Fuel Ratio logged on your graph too ?

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759661

How much was your remap ?

Rockford

Evolve remap 35i Review

Post by Rockford » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:30 pm

35i-Nut wrote:Thanks for posting

You are one of 2 people I have read who have used Evolve who have a good reputation

Interested to see your graphs , do you have Air Fuel Ratio logged on your graph too ?

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759661

How much was your remap ?
Interesting that link, thanks for sharing - I searched for a long time and struggled to find much info on Evolves Z4 35i maps and must have missed that one.

Evolve mentioned they had done a few Z4 35i's, we got talking over a cup of tea about downpipes and FMICs and they say they had done handful with very good results. Already discussing booking it in for next steps...maybe after Xmas!

Im afraid the graph is very basic (more basic that other cars I've had remapped tbh) and doesn't show air fuel ratios. I've just compared it against the one in your link though and it is almost identical in terms of shape (with peak figures different obviously). I was a little concerned about the peaky torque on my graph at 2750rpm and 4400rpm but seems this is normal across the N54!

I'm looking forward to giving it a good drive tomorrow, the M1 and M3 at rush hour didn't prove much of a testing ground!
2019 BMW M40i First Edition Frozen Orange
2014 BMW M4 DCT Yas Marina Blue

Previous Zeds:
2010 BMW Z4 35i DCT (Evolve: 360BHP)
2009 BMW Z4 35i DCT
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i manual

35i-Nut

Evolve remap 35i Review

Post by 35i-Nut » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:43 pm

There is a few more threads floating around on here with the hulks car for stage 1 remap , will see if I can find it

here - http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741270

I'm nearly ready for a MHD flash will post up my graphs soon.....