Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Couple of questions

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
The_Dude

Couple of questions

Post by The_Dude » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Evening all. Can someone clarify a couple of things for me please?

1) what size are the windscreen wipers on a 2010 e89. I've currently got some of the new style blades and they're a 21/20 however when I look online they say 22/20 or 21/20 if I want the old style blades.

2) should my halo rings be on all the time? I have my lights on the auto setting and the halo only come on as expected when the lights are on. However, I see similar 10 plates that have just the halos in normal daytime driving. I wondered if this was a conscious choice by switching the sidelights on, or is there some sort of setting that I can adjust so that they're on when the ignition is on.

Thanks in advance.
E89 23i M Sport, Saphire Black, Canberra Beige Leather.
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Couple of questions

Post by Nictrix » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:50 pm

One of our keys has the halo side lights on all the time.
This must have been coded to this key and the lights are slightly brighter than if switched to side lights.
Keep meaning to look into doing the same for the other key.
So the options for this key is , side lights on all the time - bright, turn switch to side lights - on but slightly dimmer, and turn switch to main lights - side lights and main lights on.
Obviously there is auto lights too.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Couple of questions

Post by metal licker » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:50 am

Putting the running light on/off is a option you can set using the OBC or idrive
No idea about the wipers
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

The_Dude

Couple of questions

Post by The_Dude » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:06 am

Should I be able to some how select this on the stalk as I don't have idrive, or will it need someone with a coding device?
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.

Baza

Couple of questions

Post by Baza » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:24 am

The_Dude wrote:Should I be able to some how select this on the stalk as I don't have idrive, or will it need someone with a coding device?
RTFM its all in there, seriously you can programme this yourself like I said its in the manual.
Panther Kallista 2.8
S Drive 3.0i E89 2009 Space Grey Coral red Int 18" 295 wheels

The_Dude

Couple of questions

Post by The_Dude » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:15 pm

Thanks I check out the manual.

Anyone any ideas about the wipers?

Z4_35i

Couple of questions

Post by Z4_35i » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:12 pm

The_Dude wrote:Anyone any ideas about the wipers?
22" and 20"

Bosch AR22U Aerotwin Retrofit Flat Windscreen Wiper Blade
Bosch AR20U Aerotwin Retrofit Flat Windscreen Wiper Blade

Lot's of choices online, I've had two sets of these over our current ownership and purchased from WWW.WIPERBLADES.CO.UK

The_Dude

Couple of questions

Post by The_Dude » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Excellent. Thanks for the help guys.