Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Caught in the rain

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
obewan

Caught in the rain

Post by obewan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:27 pm

New2Zed wrote:The problem is, it just doesn't look very cool. :)
Think you are right , but I did have the satisfaction of knowing that all those that laughing were at me were wrong - I wasn't getting wet!
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

WilliamB

Caught in the rain

Post by WilliamB » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:33 am

Happens to me many times, but I think I'll eventually stop it.

You drive and notice the drizzle but carry on, hey most of the time it's just drizzle. It now rains but it's still dry inside so you carry on, nothing beats driving in the rain but still staying dry. Now it pours like no tomorrow and it's too late to stop or slow down to drop the roof, if you stop then you'll get soaked and can only hope for the rain to stop.

The problem is the rain can leave water spots all over the car, including the vents, and you have to stop or slowdown at some point.

However, I've never once had a driver flash or horn because of the rain, even when driving 70 on the motorway in heavy rain. Why would they, do they think you're not smart enough to notice? I'd imagine one would realise that as long as the car is moving windscreen cuts the rain, and the fact that the rear bay is dry.