Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMWClub Croft Track Day 18th July

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Twin Turbo

Post by Twin Turbo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:29 am

Well, as many frequent persons know I only have an little two LTR -

As my birthday treat did Croft Circuit with the BMW Club, and was very apprehensive that I would become a mobile road block. - and to be honest in the morning I was. This was my 3rd track day - but first with non-run flats an new suspension.

I must confess, after doing an Javerlin track day the BMW Club is much better - less cars and free instruction and photo. And it seemed to be more friendly as there did seem to be banter and comradery happening.

Well I started going around like a road block with my times been around 2 Mins, and then progressively reduced to 1:57min and then on my last lap 1:54!!!.

Some videos using harrys lap timer

View: https://youtu.be/7AdLIFDaWlE
View: https://youtu.be/1bwmxPUxxr8

And this was my last two laps -I was chasing an E92 M3 and was gunning for him - and on the last lap on the last straight he let me pass. And to be honest that was the highlight of the day..........

At this time my iphone had run out of space - so had to revert to my dash cam

View: https://youtu.be/906aYYxm2Qg

Looking back I think my positioning on the track can improve significantly - and hence reduce my time.

I was driving in sport+, but should have taken DSC off - as my rear breaks here taking an hamming, the handling compared to my old setup is like lite and day, no traction loss what so ever and no loss of grip - it went where I wanted it to go. The only improvement I think is more to do with driver training than anything else.

PotterZ28i

Post by PotterZ28i » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Looks like you had a cracking day! :thumbsup:

Am tempted at some point do a track day too, did some in my previous car (civic fn2 type r) but will probably be next year now.

I see your using yellow stuff pads, how did the brakes handle the day, have you got braided lines, upgraded fluid?

I can recommend Cadwell Park if your planning more, good fun! :driving:
E89 sDrive28i M Sport

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Excellent, well done, I chatted to Neil today and mentioned I'd have liked to have done this day but work was in the way. :)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

Twin Turbo

Post by Twin Turbo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Yes it was an great day, with improvement throughout the day - and highlight playing with the M3 with my little 2 ltr

Breaks were great - only changed to fluid 6 mths ago to normal standard fluid

BMW tracks days - are a few £ more than javelin - but definitely better atmosphere and I even won a prize at the end - so strongly recommend BMW track days over javalin or other providers