Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

PB Brakes BBK Installed + Working E-Brake

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
eviltuna

Post by eviltuna » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:55 pm

So I got the kit installed last year (Installed myself, even though I've never changed my own oil before, I'd consider myself a pretty handy guy though).

Anyways, got these last summer and went through the installation it's fairly straight forward except for the rear e-brake that was a pain to install cause of the limited space, aside from that everything is fairly straight forward. I'm planning to get the M Sport Front and rear bumper so figured I snap a few pics cause I haven't seen anyone post about a BBK with working e-brakes.

Got mine from Dan from PB Brakes, good guy answered all the questions I had. Delivery a bit faster than promised, I think it took a total of 2-3 weeks, don't remember exactly. Came in two huge and very heavy boxes packaging was great and quality was top notch.

I didn't want to post the install cause I wanted to wait a while and see how they held up before posting, but its been a year and they've been great, the car stops on a dime, you can feel the brakes grip as soon as you hit the pedal, great mod, my only regret is that I didn't go a bit bigger (was worried they wouldn't fit my 19s). The E-brakes still work so that was my main concern before buying the kit, like I said it was a tight squeeze to get the rear on cause of the e-brake modules you have to install but they work fine once you get them on. I might get PB Coilovers next since the brakes were so great.

If you do decide to buy it, let them know I refered you, you might save a few bucks.

http://pbbrakes.com/brake-kits/bmw/z4.html
IMG_20150819_223723.jpg
IMG_20150819_223723.jpg (73.84 KiB) Viewed 630 times
DSC_0455.jpg
DSC_0455.jpg (83.84 KiB) Viewed 630 times
DSC_0456.jpg
DSC_0456.jpg (75.99 KiB) Viewed 630 times
DSC_0457.jpg
DSC_0457.jpg (77.04 KiB) Viewed 630 times

Baza

Post by Baza » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:20 pm

Nice looking set up . My z4 at present is sitting on four stands with the with discs and calipers off ,I am considering upgrading the braking and have looked at PB brakes before, interesting to see them on a Z . Did the pads come ready to accept the electronic wear cable.
Panther Kallista 2.8
S Drive 3.0i E89 2009 Space Grey Coral red Int 18" 295 wheels

eviltuna

Post by eviltuna » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:11 pm

The pads don't come with slots for the pad wear wire. I just tied them off to the side.