Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aggression!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Rathean

Aggression!

Post by Rathean » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:39 pm

So I've owned my shiny z4 35i in black for 8 days... and its awesome :D

Before that I owned a z4 23i, and both cars seem to attract a fair amount of aggressive driving, tail-gating and traffic light challenges.

Back in the day I would have responded to most, but these days and especially on the commute I don't react at all.

Has anyone else experienced a high level of angry, and I presume jealous, drivers trying to squeeze their 'ordinary' cars into your boot? :headbang:
2011 X3 30d MSport black, 8-speed auto, leather everything
2011 Bimmer Z4 35i diamond black, 6-speed manual, full caboodle (hibernating) :driving:

techathy

Aggression!

Post by techathy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Every time I go out on a drive.
Current: '09 Lotus Evora Launch Edition
Previous: '13 BMW 120dx, '15 BMW z4 35iS

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Aggression!

Post by PerryGunn » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:59 pm

techathy wrote:Every time I go out on a drive.
Yep, and it doesn't seem to matter what car I'm driving, the b'stards are still right up my arse.... perhaps living close to Brighton has something to do with it... :whistle:
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

alane29

Aggression!

Post by alane29 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:01 pm

I do enjoy the occasional traffic light gran prix :driving: :rofl:
2007 E86 M Coupe
2005 E85 2.5SE

35i-Nut

Aggression!

Post by 35i-Nut » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:03 pm

it doesnt help that unless people are in the know and understand that a tailpipe either side of the bumper = N54 twin turbo

I think most people think the Z4 is not a performance car and just something to poodle about in cruising with the top down

If it was showing m135i badges all over the back people may back off and show your 35i some respect :lol: :lol: :driving:

techathy

Aggression!

Post by techathy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:09 pm

PerryGunn wrote:
techathy wrote:Every time I go out on a drive.
Yep, and it doesn't seem to matter what car I'm driving, the b'stards are still right up my arse.... perhaps living close to Brighton has something to do with it... :whistle:
On my other BMW I introduce them to the concept of acceleration.. At 30mph it's got as much acceleration as my Zed in 3rd... in 6th :o :evil:
Current: '09 Lotus Evora Launch Edition
Previous: '13 BMW 120dx, '15 BMW z4 35iS

pHilli0

Aggression!

Post by pHilli0 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Rathean wrote:So I've owned my shiny z4 35i in black for 8 days... and its awesome :D

Before that I owned a z4 23i, and both cars seem to attract a fair amount of aggressive driving, tail-gating and traffic light challenges.

Back in the day I would have responded to most, but these days and especially on the commute I don't react at all.

Has anyone else experienced a high level of angry, and I presume jealous, drivers trying to squeeze their 'ordinary' cars into your boot? :headbang:
I accept most challenges ^^ Especially hot hatches. So much fun. Up to 70 of course.
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe || Schrick CSL Cams | Eventuri | Brembo 6/4 & Pagid RS-29s | KW V3s | H&R ABRs | Stromung | ARC-8s | Corbeau Revolution | OEM Strut | ZHP | Stubby | CDV | RTAB | Evolve Map ||
http://www.phillynchracing.com/index.php/blog/

adann

Aggression!

Post by adann » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:21 pm

Yep, all the time. Only today a 1.2 Corsa tried racing me, sadly for him I lost him in my rear view mirror.
ImageImage
BMW Z4 23i

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Aggression!

Post by flybobbie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:24 pm

I had one this evening on the way home.
Sprinter van up my arse on a country lane.
It's my daily route and I know pot holes are coming up shortly so I'm ready to pull to the centre of road to avoid.
But yes, as usual two cars coming the other way, having seen nothing for the last 3 minutes.
So I slow and pull left to avoid the holes and the t**t behind blows his horn.
Pitting he didn't hit the holes and blow a few tyres.

GreyZed

Aggression!

Post by GreyZed » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Yes I too find that every time I go out in the Zed I end up tailgaiting white van tossers and burning off every Sales Executive piloted diesel barge at the lights! :driving:

No wonder the economy is shagged - the UK's workforce wastes half the facking working day driving at a snail's pace! Stop dawdling and get yer boots down Britain! :evil:
3.0 auto, sterling grey, hardtop, prfessional nav, dsp, digital tv, bluetooth, cruise, xenons, mfsw, cupholders, auto lights, auto wipers, folding mirrors, memory seats, wind deflector, pdc, 108s, LED sides/fogs, stubby, intravee, need a quad exhaust!

David-H

Aggression!

Post by David-H » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:23 am

Yep, been there, done that!
BMW Z4 3.0i auto ¦ Titanium Silver
107's : Drexler LSD
BMW M6 Gran Coupe ¦ Black Sapphire Metallic
DCT box with competition pack
Audi R8 4.2 Quattro¦ Grey metallic
6-speed manual :driving:

SO8

Aggression!

Post by SO8 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:08 am

I never had an issue in my 35iS with people wanting to race me - I would not have been interested if they did ... but I did have an issue with people seeming a bit keen on asserting themselves lets say - but cutting me up or making sure they got that extra car in front when lanes merge. It was very noticeable and predictable sadly .... though if you want issues driving then try driving a little Smart car. It is quick enough at normal town speeds but people will do anything to get in front of you !! It is known as 'Smart rage' by owners. I can't wait to sell it - just because of this. I am bored with others attitudes now ... car has to go !
Current : BMW M240i Convertible in black and a Smart Fortwo diesel in white :)
Previous : BMW 35iS in Mineral White and an Mercedes AMG A45 in black

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Aggression!

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:48 am

Yup, especially "those" types in Focus ST's for some reason, but they are easy prey, all that power without the traction :evil:

Mike

SpiketheBike

Aggression!

Post by SpiketheBike » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:58 am

I don't bother with traffic light GPs. I just think I've got nowt to prove baby. Use as much petrol as you like. Open roads, now that's different. :lol:
2011 Z4 SDrive 23i Highline pack. White with Coral Red leather, 18" 293s with RFTs & Pirellis. LED interior lights. Cree 80W Angel Eyes. Stubby

MarkB1983

Aggression!

Post by MarkB1983 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:51 pm

I've had my Z4 for three days. On the drive back from the dealership I didn't encounter any aggressive driving, probably because I was mostly cruising on the motorways. However, on the last two evenings I've taken the car out for a quick 20-30 minute drive and during both of those drives encountered morons. Yesterday I was tailgated by a Mini who then overtook me at what must've been 70-80mph on a 50mph road. Similar thing happened tonight with someone in some sort of hot hatch (looked like a Seat) and then I was tailgated for miles through 50mph and 30mph roads (peppered with speed camera signs) by a hatchback and when I eventually took my turning the mug decided to flash me.

My previous car was a Toyota Celica 7th generation, which I had for 7 years. I occasionally got tailgaters, but can't recall ever being overtaken on single carriageway roads. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Tailgaters are my biggest hate when it comes to driving and so it'll be very frustrating having to deal with that all the time.