Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help with passenger side sunvisor replacement

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
roger1

Post by roger1 » Sat May 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Yes broke old one more with a sharp screwdriver and chipped bits out doesn't take long.

roger1

Post by roger1 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Can I add need to be careful not the perforate through behind the mirror as would damage undersurface of visor and try not to damage sides of the slide cosmetically and not lever against although I found this impossible personally and its a little marked but no big deal.
I bought my car from a back street dealer and had damaged windscreen(autoglass for 250),broken visor(8 quid and 3 quid for silicone), broken ashtray(wouldn't close)(sprng bar fallen out below it fixed for free), damaged steering roundel-36 quid, damaged main roundel, defective roof-microswitch and INPA v57 software around 20+50 quid(didn't really need software), cigarette lighter not working(fuse 50p).
The wheels need refurbing which will be 200 then I will have a top machine for far far less than a bmw main dealer. No surprises this car hadn't sold for the many months they had it , lucky me as I stole it :driving:

wilwong1971

Post by wilwong1971 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:00 am

Thanks roger1 for very comprehensive reply, place of work has a laser cutter so looking at getting a small stainless steel mirror (1mm thick) and see if I can cut it to size and stick it on top of the broken mirror :-)

wilwong1971

Post by wilwong1971 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:01 am

roger1 wrote:Can I add need to be careful not the perforate through behind the mirror as would damage undersurface of visor and try not to damage sides of the slide cosmetically and not lever against although I found this impossible personally and its a little marked but no big deal.
I bought my car from a back street dealer and had damaged windscreen(autoglass for 250),broken visor(8 quid and 3 quid for silicone), broken ashtray(wouldn't close)(sprng bar fallen out below it fixed for free), damaged steering roundel-36 quid, damaged main roundel, defective roof-microswitch and INPA v57 software around 20+50 quid(didn't really need software), cigarette lighter not working(fuse 50p).
The wheels need refurbing which will be 200 then I will have a top machine for far far less than a bmw main dealer. No surprises this car hadn't sold for the many months they had it , lucky me as I stole it :driving:

Yes it brilliant to get a steal and spend a little time getting your pride and joy back to showroom condition! :)