Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Exhaust experts get in here (Plus stance tease)

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
London_Gains

Post by London_Gains » Fri May 20, 2016 5:25 pm

stuartinzg wrote:I thought about Quads but for me it didn't fit the style - that's why I got these X6 tips made to fit. Although when I get the eisenmann race I may even weld off the eisenmann ones and put my X6 ones back on because I think they just work so well, and still bmw !

Can't work out if those V1's are lower than my Eibach

Liking those tips and diffuser combo - looks sweet. I'll take full and propper pics and shove it all in the pending write up. My current set up isn't on the lowest settings, the KW's can go quite a bit further on both front and back but I'll need to be careful with the front wheel grazing the suspension, so I left it a little higher for the time being. I will probably drop it a touch more after I get everything else done.

Just had a closer look and your front gap looks to be a finger and a bit, mine is just under a finger. KW1's I would highly recommend. Handling is great, zero boat rolls and tighter steering.
To Do: 19" Staggered CSL Rims
DONE
Conti Sport Contact 6 Tyres: DONE
KW V1 Coilovers DONE
LaminX Headlights and TailightsDONE
Quad Pipe Conversion - Eissenmann Race Quad Ordered [23/05/2016 - Being built in Germany]

stuartinzg

Post by stuartinzg » Fri May 20, 2016 5:48 pm

I'm on EDC so I don't want to swap that out to get KW's, I have different settings, stiffness etc on a button. Softest setting is very nice, Sport+ is rock hard. I'll be swapping the front struts for M3, they bolt on apparently.

Have a look at this thread
http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879624

I also did the mirror caps and few other things - you can see here. This was before the eibach

35iS, Black/Coral Red, 19" BBS CH-R/MPSS, Eiback Pro Springs, CoolCarbon Performance Pads, Golf T, Stubby, LED 80w halo's, X6 tips, CarPro CQuartz, Custom painted accessories

London_Gains

Post by London_Gains » Fri May 20, 2016 7:02 pm

stuartinzg wrote:I'm on EDC so I don't want to swap that out to get KW's, I have different settings, stiffness etc on a button. Softest setting is very nice, Sport+ is rock hard. I'll be swapping the front struts for M3, they bolt on apparently.

Have a look at this thread
http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879624

I also did the mirror caps and few other things - you can see here. This was before the eibach

Gret stuff. Nice 360 there paint looks clean. I was going to mention the KW3's having various adjustable bits for the EDC but I could be talking out of my ass.

Here are a couple of pics of the car on Install day with the guys moving it around at the garage so you can see the lowering at a more normal angle. You can see what I mean about the front needing to come down a touch, slightly more then the rears to get that supper sporty aggressive stance. It's close, but soon it'll be bang on after i've bedded the springs in and can try the extra clicks. Sorry about the filters, trying to mask how filthy the car was in attempt to avoid getting flamed :P

DONE
KW V1 Coilovers DONE
Quad Pipe Conversion - Eissenmann Race Quad Ordered [23/05/2016 - Being built in Germany]

London_Gains

Post by London_Gains » Fri May 20, 2016 7:13 pm

Also mate, do you have a time frame in mind to buy the Eissenmann? Fancy buying it this weekend so we both save £300 quid on RRP? :P
DONE
KW V1 Coilovers DONE

stuartinzg

Post by stuartinzg » Fri May 20, 2016 7:16 pm

I had a 5 day paint correction and ceramic protection done so it was better than new.

kW just delete edc, the edc is the adjustable shocks so if you put kW on then obviously it doesn't exist anymore... and they made a kW for later cars which plugs into the button but not for the z4 only the 4 series I think
35iS, Black/Coral Red, 19" BBS CH-R/MPSS, Eiback Pro Springs, CoolCarbon Performance Pads, Golf T, Stubby, LED 80w halo's, X6 tips, CarPro CQuartz, Custom painted accessories

London_Gains

Post by London_Gains » Sat May 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Got a quote...

he BMW Z4 (E89) 2009> takes the power from 254bhp up to 272bhp and the torque from 229lb/ft up to 247lb/ft. This stage of software is designed as a software upgrade only meaning it is all within safe tolerances of the engine and drivetrain and requires no hardware modifications. For testimonials of our work please follow the link: View Testimonials.

We provide all stages of tune through to full custom setup so if you have specific requirements please just ask. On many applications we also cater for larger turbos and injector upgrades so if you are looking for ultimate performance then we have the knowledge and ability to do just that.

To provide added peace of mind for customers with vehicles still under warranty, we provide a FREE 12 month's insurance backed supplementary warranty: Download Warranty Information. Full terms and conditions apply, please see website for details.

The cost of the remap is £325.00 all-inclusive for which we travel to your location whether it is home or work place. This comes with a 14 day money back guarantee which gives you plenty of time to ensure it is exactly what you are after.

SO £20 odd per horsepower. Pricey.
DONE
KW V1 Coilovers DONE

London_Gains

Post by London_Gains » Sun May 29, 2016 12:41 am

Just wanted to clarify something on th exhaust.

Though the Eisenmann Quad isn't advertised as a Cat Back exhaust, the actual parts seem to suggest it is. It is described as "Complete with connecting pipe, Intermediate Silencer"

http://www.eisenmann-sportauspuff.de/EN ... 0764_2.php

From the other forum, after installing the exhaust the following was removed from the car:

The image looks to be removing what looks like a intermediate resonator or a secondary cat box. I checked this on real OEM.

So, from the above, can I deduce that the 3.0i came a mid pipe silencer and not with secondary cats and that the Eisenmann will replace this with a resonator? OR is the Eisenmann "Silencer" another word for cats?

I thought all modern cars came with two sets of cats.

Picture of the system of which looks Identical to the 35i.

Picture of system under the car.

Thanks very much for the help! Hope it was clear.
DONE
KW V1 Coilovers DONE

blood_game18

Post by blood_game18 » Sun May 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Looks like the BAT MOBILE !! Super SEXY !!

Image[/quote]
insta - 18jaydee