Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mudflaps

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Mudflaps

Post by TitanTim » Sun May 08, 2016 3:57 pm

I think people are missing the whole point of them and worry more on spoiling the looks. Once fitted they're hardly noticeable yet go along way at minimising damage to sills and floor pan which is enough for me. I think people hark too much comparing modern mudflaps looking like the rally flaps fitted 30 years ago :lol:

Tim.

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Mudflaps

Post by Angie4m » Sun May 08, 2016 6:15 pm

Nictrix wrote:
Angie4m wrote:I remember my dad buying a set of mud flaps for my Mini, even though I had said no. He fitted them whilst I was at school
How times have changed.
The rich kids at school now have Audis given to them.
One 17 year old boy in the school I work in has a brand new RS6
And I wasn't given mines. I had to buy it with my own money :thumbsup:

To be fair a chilli red Mini Cooper S in 2002 was the car to have.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Mudflaps

Post by mr wilks » Sun May 08, 2016 6:22 pm

R.E92 wrote:
TitanTim wrote:
R.E92 wrote:I'd take some stone chips over those things any day. I suppose the next owner will have a nice looking chip free car when he pulls the mudflaps off.

Reminds me of all those people paying a huge premium for an iPhone just because it looks nice then putting some ugly phone condom over the thing.

Horses for courses.
See I'm the opposite, damage to the paintwork thgrough chipping road rash etc just makes the car look shabby over time, but thats me, just like to keep the car as perfect as possible during ownership. Keeps me happy :D

Tim.
Whenever you're thinking of selling your current car give me a heads-up :D
Tim doesn't buy them , he borrows them from BMW then hands them back with hardly any miles on & virtually unmarked eh Tim :poke: :oops: :D
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Mudflaps

Post by TitanTim » Sun May 08, 2016 8:21 pm

mr wilks wrote:
R.E92 wrote:
TitanTim wrote:
See I'm the opposite, damage to the paintwork thgrough chipping road rash etc just makes the car look shabby over time, but thats me, just like to keep the car as perfect as possible during ownership. Keeps me happy :D

Tim.
Whenever you're thinking of selling your current car give me a heads-up :D
Tim doesn't buy them , he borrows them from BMW then hands them back with hardly any miles on & virtually unmarked eh Tim :poke: :oops: :D
I wish they'd lend me an M2, then I can get the Rally flaps on :lol:

Tim.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Mudflaps

Post by Nictrix » Sun May 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Angie4m wrote:
Nictrix wrote:
Angie4m wrote:I remember my dad buying a set of mud flaps for my Mini, even though I had said no. He fitted them whilst I was at school
How times have changed.
The rich kids at school now have Audis given to them.
One 17 year old boy in the school I work in has a brand new RS6
And I wasn't given mines. I had to buy it with my own money :thumbsup:

To be fair a chilli red Mini Cooper S in 2002 was the car to have.
Well done you, must have had a good job at school :thumbsup:
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Z4Rick

Mudflaps

Post by Z4Rick » Wed May 18, 2016 1:07 am

I am not crazy about the look of them either, however, I live in a rural area of the mountains and the local governments up here add aggregates, (cinders), to their salt slurry when deicing snow and ice in the winter. That mixture acts like a sand blaster coming off the wheels. Much of that cinder remains on the road edges well into the summer, so chipping is a big issue on most any car. Clear stoneguard film does a respectable job, but I use both. A big advantage of the flaps is it cuts down the huge plume of spray coming off the rear end in the rain and keeps the rear of the car, (below the deck lid spoiler) a lot cleaner. I will also say that at $130, these were, by far, the most expensive mud flaps ever!

Reikikid

Mudflaps

Post by Reikikid » Sat May 21, 2016 10:27 am

I have them fitted, and its a good job. Driving around the countryside can change the look of your paint work. :fuelfire:

Driving BMW Z4 23i Highline M Sport, Alpine White, Red Coral Red Kansas Leather.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Mudflaps

Post by flybobbie » Sat May 21, 2016 7:03 pm

If anyone has any fronts they don't want. Let me know.
No where seems to stock them and out of production.