Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Coding wing mirrors on E89

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
wilwong1971

Post by wilwong1971 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:17 am

Hi all

I have power folding and auto dimming wing mirrors on my Z4 a few questions if i may:

A) does your mirrors tilt on the passenger side when you go in reverse ? I think I have my mirror toggle to the left too and it doesn't seem to work...does this need to be coded?

B) can car be coded for the door mirrors to fold when outside the car like you can close all the windows?

C) does coding cost a load of money?

Cheers!

Skinhead201

Post by Skinhead201 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:50 am

In my one only the passenger side mirror angles down in reverse. I assumed this was normal. Can't help with the rest I'm afraid.

Zed Five

Post by Zed Five » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:49 am

Skinhead201 wrote:In my one only the passenger side mirror angles down in reverse. I assumed this was normal. Can't help with the rest I'm afraid.
Passenger side only is normal. The small switch has to be a particular way, and the dipping mirror onky works when the small switch is in that position. Experiment.
Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it? 

E89 35is | BMW S1000rr Motorsport Ed.

dk345

Post by dk345 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Zed Five wrote:
Skinhead201 wrote:In my one only the passenger side mirror angles down in reverse. I assumed this was normal. Can't help with the rest I'm afraid.
Passenger side only is normal. The small switch has to be a particular way, and the dipping mirror onky works when the small switch is in that position. Experiment.
I'm fairly sure the mirror switch needs to be at the driver's side to have the passenger side mirror dip when you engage reverse.
2013 Mineral White 35iS

wilwong1971

Post by wilwong1971 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Thanks!

It was indeed the driver side that needs to be selected on the switch for the mirrors to work ...I mistakenly thought it should be flicked to the passenger side...

blood_game18

Post by blood_game18 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Yes, everything can be done , i done mine yestrday . All you need is the app carly for bmw on your phone .
Now my mirrors autofold when the car is locked and the windows go up aswell.
Even got automatic key eject when the car is turned off.
8)
wilwong1971 wrote:Hi all

I have power folding and auto dimming wing mirrors on my Z4 a few questions if i may:

A) does your mirrors tilt on the passenger side when you go in reverse ? I think I have my mirror toggle to the left too and it doesn't seem to work...does this need to be coded?

B) can car be coded for the door mirrors to fold when outside the car like you can close all the windows?

C) does coding cost a load of money?

Cheers!
insta - 18jaydee

Garvin

Post by Garvin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:33 pm

I can get my door mirrors to automatically fold in when I lock the car using the fob but not when I 'comfort' lock the car. Whatever I do I cannot get the door mirrors to fold out automatically when I unlock the car either with the fob or by 'comfort' melthod. Is this just how it is or can it be 'coded' so the mirrors automatically fold/unfold no matter what method is used to lock/unlock the car?
Considering Ordered Received 35is - Melbourne Red / Ivory White with lots of bells & whistles. Deep Sea Blue replacement 35is now also departed. Replaced by something more brash, more powerful and American!

blood_game18

Post by blood_game18 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:09 pm

yes , my ones close when i keep the key pressed for 1-2 seconds
insta - 18jaydee

spanna2000

Post by spanna2000 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Mine fold in or out on the comfort lock. I think the setting is enable comfort close on door handles. This can then also work for windows (but not roof). Same process, lock once with comfort lock and mirrors do not fold. Hold it longer or a 2nd time and the mirrors fold. I have yet to establish what this does to the movement detection of the alarm (Lock twice would normally disable).