Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

35i M Sport ordered and deposit paid

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Japseroony

Re: 35i M Sport ordered and deposit paid

Post by Japseroony » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Not wanting any arguments and I can see both sides of the issue as having just sold an RS6 I appreciate the auto box but having driven the 35is I much prefer the manual box :thumbsup:
UNDERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the front of the car,
OVERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car,
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the fence,
TORQUE is how far you take the fence with you.

LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer

Post by LeeZ4MR » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:48 am

Japseroony wrote:Not wanting any arguments and I can see both sides of the issue as having just sold an RS6 I appreciate the auto box but having driven the 35is I much prefer the manual box :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :driving:

For barges and family wagons it's an auto all the way for sure...but for an exciting car it just has to be a manual...it's as simple as that. :D
Current...BMW F82 M4 Coupe 2018
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022
Caterham 7 2002

Previous...
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

bob4333

Post by bob4333 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:22 am

I wanted a 35is until I found I couldn't order it with a manual box.

So a 35i manual M Sport it was and it's excellent. Good choice :thumbsup:

(Even the run flats are OK once you get used to them).

Japseroony

Post by Japseroony » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:25 am

bob4333 wrote:I wanted a 35is until I found I couldn't order it with a manual box.

So a 35i manual M Sport it was and it's excellent. Good choice :thumbsup:

(Even the run flats are OK once you get used to them).
Did you got for the adaptive suspension?

bob4333

Post by bob4333 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:42 pm

I did not.

I ticked the Comfort pack and the M sport pack plus heated everything, top pro speaker pack (I thought the standard offering a little poor) and a few other things I had to pay for that skip my memory now. Oh yes - 326m's.

The overall package works well for me and I don't drive along thinking "wish I'd had the adaptive suspension". But I've not done a back to back comparison and those that have it seem to like it, especially with the rft's.

The rft's give a firm ride and maybe lack some subtlety - but hang on it's a sports car not a limo. I'm 15 months into ownership and am very happy with what I bought and the price I paid. My local Sytner dealer matched the Broadspeed price instead of kicking me out of the door. :o

I think I got good value for money for the things that were important to me. And that's what it's all about. :)

Japseroony

Post by Japseroony » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:53 pm

DPG wrote:Nice one jasperoony, what % discount is that?l
All depends on how you look at it really as BMW finance are putting in £7,500 towards the car and the dealer is offering 13.7% on the balance. Thing is I intend to pay off the finance within the first couple of days of ownership (they charge £3.50 ish per day during the cooling off period) so if you assume the car costs £48,800 in total it works out to be 27.1% ish after the finance contribution and dealer discount :thumbsup:

Japseroony

Post by Japseroony » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:57 pm

bob4333 wrote:I did not.

I ticked the Comfort pack and the M sport pack plus heated everything, top pro speaker pack (I thought the standard offering a little poor) and a few other things I had to pay for that skip my memory now. Oh yes - 326m's.

The overall package works well for me and I don't drive along thinking "wish I'd had the adaptive suspension". But I've not done a back to back comparison and those that have it seem to like it, especially with the rft's.

The rft's give a firm ride and maybe lack some subtlety - but hang on it's a sports car not a limo. I'm 15 months into ownership and am very happy with what I bought and the price I paid. My local Sytner dealer matched the Broadspeed price instead of kicking me out of the door. :o

I think I got good value for money for the things that were important to me. And that's what it's all about. :)
My current Z4 23i M Sport has run flats and the M Suspension and to be honest I don't mind it as like you say its a sports car :thumbsup:

The car is spec amendable and I was considering adding the Homelink and Adaptive but I have a spare garage door opener and the current suspension is fine so not sure about adding £660 to the cost :headbang:

stuartinzg

Post by stuartinzg » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:13 pm

I love my adaptive, use the different settings all the time.

OP if you can easily add it post-order I would go for it... it will also add to the desirability when you come to shift it on (if you do!)

I missed the thread drama half way through as I've not been on the forums much recently!

Enjoy the car !
35iS, Black/Coral Red, 19" BBS CH-R/MPSS, Eiback Pro Springs, CoolCarbon Performance Pads, Golf T, Stubby, LED 80w halo's, X6 tips, CarPro CQuartz, Custom painted accessories

SO8

Post by SO8 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:50 pm

I love adaptive too - I love the way it stiffens the steering, makes the throttle more responsive, ride firmer and, most importantly, adjusts the fuelling so the 35iS pops and bangs like a good 'un :evil:
Current : BMW M240i Convertible in black and a Smart Fortwo diesel in white :)
Previous : BMW 35iS in Mineral White and an Mercedes AMG A45 in black

Japseroony

Post by Japseroony » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:48 am

SO8 wrote:I love adaptive too - I love the way it stiffens the steering, makes the throttle more responsive, ride firmer and, most importantly, adjusts the fuelling so the 35iS pops and bangs like a good 'un :evil:
Other than the adaptive suspension part they all have this feature allowing the car to go from Comfort to Sport to Sport Plus that does all of the above :thumbsup:

SO8

Post by SO8 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Japseroony wrote:
SO8 wrote:I love adaptive too - I love the way it stiffens the steering, makes the throttle more responsive, ride firmer and, most importantly, adjusts the fuelling so the 35iS pops and bangs like a good 'un :evil:
Other than the adaptive suspension part they all have this feature allowing the car to go from Comfort to Sport to Sport Plus that does all of the above :thumbsup:
Ah, cool, didn't realise that as I've only had 35iS's ... :)

Japseroony

Post by Japseroony » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Sat at the dealers now just waiting to update the order adding adaptive suspension and the HomeLink options :thumbsup:

SO8

Post by SO8 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Japseroony wrote:Sat at the dealers now just waiting to update the order adding adaptive suspension and the HomeLink options :thumbsup:
I have to say, having driven a 35i with non adaptive on 296 wheels I discounted it as too firm for me. When I first tried a 35iS with 326 wheels and adaptive I loved the suspension and ride - soft enough but still firm as opposed to too solid for me everyday. In sport mode with the adaptive on the 35iS it was like the standard non adaptive - if that makes sense. Sport on the adaptive was 'engaging' when I wanted it but obviously I had the usual option of 'comfort' which has suited me better most of the time.

stuartinzg

Post by stuartinzg » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Japseroony wrote:Sat at the dealers now just waiting to update the order adding adaptive suspension and the HomeLink options :thumbsup:
Good job ! :thumbsup:
35iS, Black/Coral Red, 19" BBS CH-R/MPSS, Eiback Pro Springs, CoolCarbon Performance Pads, Golf T, Stubby, LED 80w halo's, X6 tips, CarPro CQuartz, Custom painted accessories

Obs-Com

Post by Obs-Com » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:56 pm

You'll be so glad you added the AS. Makes the car so much more versatile. A very comfortable long distance GT in comfort mode and a fun sports car in sports mode. My Bridgestone RFs are way too precious for me to venture into sports+!!!!
2011-14: E89 2.3sDrive
2014-16: E89 35is - Valencia Orange X2 (gone but not forgotten)
2016-17: F33 440i
2017-17: E85 2.5si
2017-19: F87 M2 - Long Beach Blue DCT (Stunning)
2019-23: G29 M40i First Edition (more stunning than the M2)
2023-??: G23 M440i