Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Comfort opening.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
1945wickedred

Comfort opening.

Post by 1945wickedred » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:17 am

Good morning all, I need some advice /info please,I have a late 2009 Z4 sdrive23i ,bought it last September,I was over the moon when I was able to open the roof with the remote during the next few weeks but now it does not do the business,works fine from inside the car with the buttons and yes I have checked that the parcel shelf in the boot is properly engaged,one thing though I did mess around with the on board computer and messed up all the light and door opening settings so had to visit local BMW dealer to get that sorted,I hoped that it might have fixed the roof opening problem too but no.Is it possible that there is a setting on the computer that enables the so called comfort opening to work and that I may have switched it off somehow.I have tried all the combinations of pressing once then twice or even three times and waiting.So I am hoping that one of you may have had the same niggle and got it sorted.The alternative is to have a module fitted to enable this procedure,or another dealer visit with the tech team.Help please. Michael.
Thank you and have a nice day. :tumbleweed:

cerbera

Re: Comfort opening.

Post by cerbera » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Mine is an 09 and all I have to do is press and hold the open button on the fob to lower the roof. I've not seen any settings on the iDrive to disable this.

In your other post you mention charging your battery. If your battery is duff, whether there's enough charge or not, I think the car disables certain functions so as to maintain as charge as possible. Therefore, it might be worthwhile popping into your local car shop and asking if they can check your battery.

blood_game18

Comfort opening.

Post by blood_game18 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Really easy to do depening on what you want to acheive
1945wickedred wrote:Good morning all, I need some advice /info please,I have a late 2009 Z4 sdrive23i ,bought it last September,I was over the moon when I was able to open the roof with the remote during the next few weeks but now it does not do the business,works fine from inside the car with the buttons and yes I have checked that the parcel shelf in the boot is properly engaged,one thing though I did mess around with the on board computer and messed up all the light and door opening settings so had to visit local BMW dealer to get that sorted,I hoped that it might have fixed the roof opening problem too but no.Is it possible that there is a setting on the computer that enables the so called comfort opening to work and that I may have switched it off somehow.I have tried all the combinations of pressing once then twice or even three times and waiting.So I am hoping that one of you may have had the same niggle and got it sorted.The alternative is to have a module fitted to enable this procedure,or another dealer visit with the tech team.Help please. Michael.
insta - 18jaydee

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Comfort opening.

Post by Maniac » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Have you had the cars software updated since the roof from fob last worked? There were changes made for a short time to software when the ODB scare came out.

dk345

Comfort opening.

Post by dk345 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm sure you're aware, but as you mention pressing the button numerous times... You need to long press the unlock button on the fob to open the roof. If you stop pressing then the process will stop too (assuming no non-standard modifications to your car). If nothing has happened after a few seconds of holding then it does seem as if something is wrong.

When you open the roof using the buttons in the dash is the engine running?

If your battery has degraded and is of low quality, or if it needs charging, the roof won't open as the car knows operating the machinery is putting too much strain on it. If the engine is running when you're using the dash you'll circumvent this problem.
2013 Mineral White 35iS

Tommy Jagerwall

Comfort opening.

Post by Tommy Jagerwall » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:00 am

I have had the same problem due to to much dry swimming in the garage learning all functions with the engine cut off. Loaded the battery with my CETEC charger. After 15 hours it was fully charged and now all works well again.
Tommy

KERMIT1970

Comfort opening.

Post by KERMIT1970 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:40 am

I had the same problem after car had software update. Returned the car to the dealer & they sorted it out. Mechanic said he just set it up with the idrive. Worth a look :thumbsup:
Cars: 2016 M4 vert YMB & X3m Comp. E30 325i Sport. Z3M

Gone
: 2014 z4 35is melbourne red & black leather
: 335d M sport Coupe Black with red leather
: z4 Coupe 3.0 si Red with Black Leather 18" CSL`s
: z3 2.2 sport