Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW 296 wheel Dimensions / Specifications

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
techathy

Re: BMW 296 wheel Dimensions / Specifications

Post by techathy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:30 am

35i-Nut wrote:If I went 8.5 x 19 all round would it upset the handling ?
Assuming you keep to OE sized tyres you'll tighten up the front turn in a little bit & introduce a small amount of lateral bounce compared to stock wheels. Both of those are going to be a good things handling wise given OE tyre profiles. You may find you need to add a spacer at the rear to balance the look of the car, if it's between 5 & 10mm you may have problems.
I could go 8.5 x 19 front and 9.5 x 19 for the rear with the AXE wheels to keep the staggered fitment
This is possible, there's plenty of space in the rear arches to accommodate the 0.5" increase in rear rim width.
Anyone experienced any rubbing etc with aftermarket rims with wider tyres ?
If you've got rubbing then you've gone radical with the off-sets. At 9.5J any offset over ET35 should be okay.
Current: '09 Lotus Evora Launch Edition
Previous: '13 BMW 120dx, '15 BMW z4 35iS

35i-Nut

Re: BMW 296 wheel Dimensions / Specifications

Post by 35i-Nut » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:03 pm

techathy wrote:
35i-Nut wrote:If I went 8.5 x 19 all round would it upset the handling ?
Assuming you keep to OE sized tyres you'll tighten up the front turn in a little bit & introduce a small amount of lateral bounce compared to stock wheels. Both of those are going to be a good things handling wise given OE tyre profiles. You may find you need to add a spacer at the rear to balance the look of the car, if it's between 5 & 10mm you may have problems.
I could go 8.5 x 19 front and 9.5 x 19 for the rear with the AXE wheels to keep the staggered fitment
This is possible, there's plenty of space in the rear arches to accommodate the 0.5" increase in rear rim width.
Anyone experienced any rubbing etc with aftermarket rims with wider tyres ?
If you've got rubbing then you've gone radical with the off-sets. At 9.5J any offset over ET35 should be okay.
Thanks for all your comments buddy !

I'm just waiting to hear back how heavy the aftermarket wheels are , I wont be fitting anything heavier than the oem