Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

After Market Warranties - Beware

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Japseroony

Re: After Market Warranties - Beware

Post by Japseroony » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:19 pm

hopz121 wrote:where are you based OP?
On the North East coast just outside Whitley Bay and to the East of Newcastle Upon Tyne :thumbsup:
UNDERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the front of the car,
OVERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car,
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the fence,
TORQUE is how far you take the fence with you.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:52 pm

Japseroony wrote:
jamie_z4 wrote:
Japseroony wrote:
Not sure if you have read my post correctly - the RAC warranty only covers up to £1,000 and the bill so far is £2,700 so as the car is such a low mileage and young car it was suggested BMW may offer some good will :!:

You can't really say to others
'Beware' that Bmw won't offer good will when you haven't taken a warranty out through Bmw?
Why not when its true, unless you have no warranty or indeed a BMW warranty BMW will NOT offer any good will and that has come from a very high authority in BMW - simples :thumbsdown:
To be fair BMW generally only use good will when you don't have a warranty. I've had a set of 108's and my drivers seat cover in my E87 replaced under good will after the warranty expired. A lot comes down to your relationship with the dealer though. Mine know me and know I won't be fobbed off, but I'm never unreasonable and always polite.

If you have had this car for under three months though the responsibility is with the supplying dealer, and this is probably why BMW are taking this stance.

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 am

I had a poor experience with RAC warranty. When my S-Max warranty expired I asked ford about extending it and they told me ford didn't offer warranty extensions but I could take out an RAC warranty at a discount which I did. A minor thing needed a repair, one of the headlamp washers (the type that extend on use like the z4) and they refused the claim on the grounds that it was bodywork. Having had a bad experience with their car insurance also when I wanted to change cars I won't touch their product ever again
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Japseroony wrote: On the North East coast just outside Whitley Bay and to the East of Newcastle Upon Tyne :thumbsup:

I lived there for the first 30 years of my life !
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:54 pm

To me it shouldnt matter what sort of warranty your car has, BMW should be able to offer goodwill gestures on vehicles with very little milage as long as they are serviced properly especially if it is one of their components that has given up early.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Japseroony

Post by Japseroony » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Nictrix wrote:To me it shouldnt matter what sort of warranty your car has, BMW should be able to offer goodwill gestures on vehicles with very little milage as long as they are serviced properly especially if it is one of their components that has given up early.
Fully agree with every word but I feel I have taken this as high as I can go with them, even to the CEO, and no help assistance at all so the car is now with an Indi garage hopefully to be repaired soon.

It leaves a real bad taste and puts me off an BMW vehicle having had 3 brand new BMW cars and 5 brand new GS/GSA bikes with 4 of the bikes from Coopers as well as 2 of the cars so anyone wanting to know what Coopers are like just get in touch and I will let you know :!: :!:

jmb

Post by jmb » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:52 pm

Sorry to hear of all the problems- my car (AUC) has just come to a year old of me owning it, and I've renewed the BMW warranty. Having had two trouble-free claims on my previous car, I'd rather just pay BMW even if it's not the cheapest option. Peace of mind n' all that.

Japseroony

Post by Japseroony » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:17 am

Thanks for the kind words, just wished I had looked into the warranty situation prior to buying the car :!: :!:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Japseroony wrote:Thanks for the kind words, just wished I had looked into the warranty situation prior to buying the car :!: :!:

Apologies I got the wrong end of the stick and understand your post now, I hope you get sorted eventually :)
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

zainster

Post by zainster » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Sorry to hear of the issues the OP is having.

I had a very poor experience with Autoprotect warranty on a previous car I had (330d) so never again for me on aftermarket warranties.

I've had 5 'M' cars and a Mini JCW on which all had BMW waranties and from experience I will always now go with a BMW Mondial warranty. On my E60 M5 they paid out for over £6k in warranty work including a new clutch and flywheel. If I get another BMW I will definitely run a BMW warranty on it.
Current: Mk5 Golf GTI
Previous BMW's: E60 M5, E46 M3 CS, E46 M3 Coupe, E46 M3 Cab, E36 M3 Evo Cab, E46 330d Sport Saloon, E30 325i Hartge