Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heater turns in automatically

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Heater turns in automatically

Post by Nictrix » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:50 am

Angie4m wrote:
Nictrix wrote: Ronk , you really should use the spare key as well as it gets charged while its in the dock in the car.
I can't remember if Ron has comfort access or not. If he does then no point in using the spare as comfort access keys don't have rechargeable batteries.

On my E88 I didn't have comfort access and after 5 years I didn't have an issue with the battery on the spare was used possibly twice.......but I did on the one I used all the time and needed to replace the battery due to it reaching the end of its lifespan and it wouldn't keep a charge.
Learn something new everyday. :)
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:58 am

Nictrix wrote:
Angie4m wrote:
Nictrix wrote: Ronk , you really should use the spare key as well as it gets charged while its in the dock in the car.
I can't remember if Ron has comfort access or not. If he does then no point in using the spare as comfort access keys don't have rechargeable batteries.

On my E88 I didn't have comfort access and after 5 years I didn't have an issue with the battery on the spare was used possibly twice.......but I did on the one I used all the time and needed to replace the battery due to it reaching the end of its lifespan and it wouldn't keep a charge.
Learn something new everyday. :)
The dealers could do with reading on here sometimes cause they advise you to recharge the key in the dash even though bmw clearly state it's a non rechargeable battery in the comfort access keys.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:34 am

I don't have comfort access :( and a hear what's said about charging the keys.
The keys have the BMW supplied stickers and I've got them designated A & B they tend to be swapped about when on the Euro trip each year.

My old (2006) Disco has the same key charge system and I use the spare key once in a blue moon but it seems to have held a charge - however this thread has reminded me to swap them today as Sod's law being what it is :rofl:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: