Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 was hit whilst parked - luckily got a dash cam - but numberplate is not legible - *UPDATE found the car that hit me!!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Z4 was hit whilst parked - luckily got a dash cam - but numberplate is not legible - *UPDATE found the car that hit

Post by Nictrix » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:15 pm

SO8 wrote:
Traffic stuff is always bottom of the pile
Funny that.
It seems the complete opposite when its any other traffic offence that they can fine you for. Then its crime of the century.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Confused®

Re: Z4 was hit whilst parked - luckily got a dash cam - but numberplate is not legible - *UPDATE found the car that hit

Post by Confused® » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:01 pm

Sounds like you could do with a couple of out of town witnesses, don't Know where you would get them from.

SO8

Post by SO8 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Nictrix wrote:
SO8 wrote:
Traffic stuff is always bottom of the pile
Funny that.
It seems the complete opposite when its any other traffic offence that they can fine you for. Then its crime of the century.
Automated cameras dicatated by Government not 'normal' traffic police.

Police get no points for fines ... I work in a unit investigating fatal collisions and we are a third under strength ! The detail required is immense and we are struggling. I have no issue with uniform officers issuing tickets for the likes of mobile phone offences if that is the traffic offence involved though ! I see too much damage done by people on phones so am all in favour of that particular form of revenue generation !! Cameras I have no time for.
Current : BMW M240i Convertible in black and a Smart Fortwo diesel in white :)
Previous : BMW 35iS in Mineral White and an Mercedes AMG A45 in black

Acid_Monkey

Post by Acid_Monkey » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Confused® wrote:Sounds like you could do with a couple of out of town witnesses, don't Know where you would get them from.
Hahaha oh dear! :rofl:

El Pollo Diablo

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Wow :o I am seriously impressed! Quite a damge too!

I tried to get the number plate for you before by playing with couple of screenshots on photo edit software but couldn't manage to get anything, hence didnt want to upset you.
This is a good lesson to all I guess.
Please keep us updated on the outcome.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:16 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote:If the Police don't pursue it, I'd start by informing your local press and move on to the Daily Mail - they'll have a field day :D
Haha - Yes, I can just imagine the Daily Mail's 'take' on the story:
"Luxury Car Owner Obsessively Hounds Hard Up Solo Mum Over Minor Scrape"
And so on... :roll:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Post by StevenH72 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Great work,

Will watch this thread with interest, can't stand dishonest motorists.
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:51 pm

enzed4 wrote:
BMWZ4MC wrote:If the Police don't pursue it, I'd start by informing your local press and move on to the Daily Mail - they'll have a field day :D
Alternatively....

Hit-And-Run Benefit Scrounger Damages Upmarket Sports Car...
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:51 pm

That's some damage to his car so I would guess yours is a mess ?
Go for his throat !
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:09 am

PerryGunn wrote:
enzed4 wrote:
Alternatively....

Hit-And-Run Benefit Scrounger Damages Upmarket Sports Car...
unless its the Glasgow Herald... linky
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Acid_Monkey

Post by Acid_Monkey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Ok guys and gals....

Just a little update for you all. The third party's insurance (The Co-Operative) are really dragging their feet with this one.

My insurers have been chasing them for weeks, sending them the video and all the information, however the only response given was that they were unable to contact the policy holder, apparently they're not returning any of the calls or emails made by my insurers.

Any advice? Is there not a legal timescale these things have to be responded to in? Is there an ombudsman this can be escalated to?

Kinda sucks driving a scruffy looking Z4, until his insurers pull their fingers out...

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:09 pm

Isn't there some sort of rule that if the third party does not respond, the claim cannot be conducted on a third party basis - something like that sticks in the back of my mind.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:12 pm

I had something similar a couple of cars back, I got clattered by a motorcycle while stationary at traffic lights, my insurance paid for the repair (less my excess) and then pursued the bike rider & her insurance company for the costs. It got to the point of issuing court proceedings nearly a year after the bump before they paid up - at that point I got my excess refunded
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:14 pm

We had the identical issue with my mother in laws claim. Seems to be a standard trick that if you don't respond, the claim will go away.

Took about 4 months with some severe calls - even the legal cover did not cover the chasing part as the legal cover only would deal with the other insurance company, who was communicating but their client was not.

Our insurance company put the notice to pay up in the end which the other company paid. But you are really in a hopeless position if someone refuses to communicate.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Acid_Monkey

Post by Acid_Monkey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Thing is his insurers have the video evidence and photos to prove his guilt.

Surely the third parties insurers should be able to decide liability without actually speaking to the driver / their client?